Warcraft 3 and Thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft 3 and Thievery

How come some gamers are good at Thievery(like me) but aren't so good at Warcraft 3. Is it because warcraft 3 competition is overwhelming? Or since one game is a FPS sneaker and the other one a strategy game..

Lets discuss

Well, ones a FPS and one is a RTS game.... its like that.

:grin:
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Sorry no War Craft here, just a hover craft for me. :roll:

Comment

i've never played warcraft3 but i have played AoE2, was ok at it but not great
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticky
          How come some gamers are good at Thievery(like me) but aren't so good at Warcraft 3. Is it because warcraft 3 competition is overwhelming? Or since one game is a FPS sneaker and the other one a strategy game..

Lets discuss
          Why are some people good at chess (Like me), but not good at football?

:roll:

Comment

WOOT STARCRAFT IN THE HOUSE!!!!!
            I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Not so fond of warcraft myself, but my buddies like it, so I was planning on making a thiefy mod for it for the next lan party.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

Uh one is a FPS and the other is a RTS...its like saying why aren't I good at ice-skating when I can swim like Ian Thorpe.

I never really got into WarCraft 3, I prefered AoE personally...

Comment

I don't know. I think that all RTS's are essentially the same, and it gets boring playing them after a while. You figure out a strategy for each side, and then u beat them. I liked the rise of nations demo though. THat was cool. But AoE, StarCraft, War3, AoM, C&C, all are kinda the same in my humble opinoin. 8)
                  GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Originally posted by godofdarklaughter
                    I don't know. I think that all RTS's are essentially the same, and it gets boring playing them after a while. You figure out a strategy for each side, and then u beat them. I liked the rise of nations demo though. THat was cool. But AoE, StarCraft, War3, AoM, C&C, all are kinda the same in my humble opinoin. 8)
                    No way Wc3 is the same. You got these heroes that you have to level and you can get more than one. They have special powers and you can teleport across the map sometimes. They get items too.

Also there is so many strategies it's like infinite strategie. There are also neutral heroes. It's really intense and you have to know how to counter or you will get beat. There's alot of things you have to do at once it's micro management hell =\. It's not as simple as massing one unit vs the pros you will lose.

Comment

I hate micro-management, but I love complexity.

Thats why I play games like Thievery.

My all-time favorite game ever, Battlezone, is another good example.
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Warcraft 3 has equal strategy, but less feeling to it. it's not like Thievery, when you can feel like you're actually interacting with people.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

WARCRAFT 3 SUXXXX AGE OF EMPIRES 2 : CONQUERORS RULEZ P0WNZ ..etc..etc...
                          "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
                          "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Warcraft suck cow ass, I own the game and it sucks.(especially the frozen throne)
                            Good bye!
                            Aurevoir!

leaving

Comment

The first was good, only becasue all the other games of that era sucked.

Warcraft III wasn't becasue the one guy you were rooting for the entire game becaem the one guy you hated. And that you never really got the feel for the game in the first place.
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X