Oldest Veteran. Who are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest Veteran. Who are you?

So... anyone has any idea who is the oldest (not in age) active TUT player out there? Im talking about players, the oldest name I remeber a few names Ghostly, PaheThorn, NeoPenDragon or something, Machine and LR but LR doesnt really play anymore (at least under its famous alias).
    Maybe the forum admins could come up with a custom tag like Ye Old Taffer or something.
    Feel the power of the

Several current players have played TuT since Day 1.

LR only found out about TuT on Day 3, IIRC.

Comment

I wanted to be here day one, but the download took too long :lol:
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I was one of the first to be online .

I remember that game on theatre... we kept getting owned by the devs...

I especially remember that part in the game where I was a thief sneaking about when Dalai saw me, I ran into the crypts and got my sword out.

Thief salsa
        JM

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
          LR only found out about TuT on Day 3, IIRC.
          Nope. I followed the progress of the mod for almost a year before it was released. The announcement of the release occurred while I was at work, but I started downloading it the moment I got home. After some setup and two rounds thiefing on Grange, I was online.

Comment

I was online soon after LeatherMan got his server running(I think it's the oldest still running server), but didn't go to the public servers until after playing on LMs server for a couple of weeks.
            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I was there pretty early... I think. Anybody remember me? No...?

Comment

Its not me.

I heard about thievery about a month before the release but forgot about it ( ops: ) and only saw it again when I went to Circle of Shadow &stone to check up on the story "Thief II: The Mental Age."
                Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Me and Machine are brothers, and have been around v1.0.

I think we parr up to some of the oldest TUT players.... at first though we didnt play much because we had crappy 56k... and the team balanced sucked more than it does today. :lol:
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Me and Fix where there in v1.0, briefly, then when teambalance was implemented,and you could actually GET on the theif team (broadband users spamming the thief button) we started to play more often...

But the length of time played is not always proportional to the skill level, but TUT feels more like an extension of reality because i've played it that much, the controls are no longer controls, they are requests.. hooked into my brain... I dont even know what my keys are, my fingers automaticly meld to them when playing a game, I sit down when i boot my computer and rest my hands over my TUT controls unknowingly....

What other game genre or commuinity could keep somebody enticed for so long?
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Oldest TUT vet? I know who that is.

Sal...! ..I mean....

Dalai! How could it be anyone else!

Comment

I came in when 1.2 was new, as Radamanthus. I found out hat someone was raging under my name, was forced to take the blame, and switched to LordOfTheOnionRings. THeni joined EDG and becme just LoToR. THa's about all the THievery history i have.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I was here day 2, but then my name was slinky at the time. I may take the
                          double prize as also being one of the oldest in age also.

Comment

You're LoToR?! No wonder I can never understand that guy!

j/k :grin:
                            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

There have been some truley awsome players come through here. Just... those days of TUT glory have gone, they really have. :swordthi:
                              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X