Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploit that hasn't been brought up in the SMR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploit that hasn't been brought up in the SMR.

After reading the Standard Match Rules, I have noticed that there was no entry for this. Also, last time I checked, none of the servers included this.

Say, you are a guard. You happily frolick through the shadows, swinging your sword at walls.

Suddenly,

Your team has no lives left, although some AI are going to revive soon.

Instead of going , you wait out for the AI to revive.

Now, that's perfectly acceptable.

Now, let's say you see a :swordthi: running for the front door. Because you can still communicate, you start telling your team where he is. You aren't technicly dead, you are still on the team, yet you "Should" be out. BTW, in that state, you can whisper.

Or, here's another situation.

Your AIs got sniped, and you get KOed.

You are going to have to wait for 10 minutes.

In order to not wait, you tell your team where your body is. This is also a grey area, becuase the location of your body is listed on the map, and on the team roster, as long as you inhabit it.

What about getting KOed, while still having lives, and then spying on the thief team?

So, do you think those exploits should be banned? Keep in mind that it's impossible to tell, by spectating whether they are getting abused or not. Even your own team can't tell, because you still show up on the roster, and your location still shows up.

Forgot Option 3:
    No, it's not really cheating. Don't ban it.
    0%
    Yes, it's a bad exploit. Ban it.
    0%
    It's a lame exploit, but we can't enforce it. Let's ignore it.
    0%

I see what you mean. I don't think telling people where you are is very bad, I mean, the AI's hear it from 10 miles away when you get KOed, so why can't you help your human friends out a bit?

The spying usually isn't that useful though. It's unlikely that you're going to get in one of the very few places that will allow you to spy, and even then it probably won't help much, since the guards will often be busy camping or patrolling their area.

I think you should just leave it, because there's really no way to control it, except for banning waiting for AI to wake.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Regarding spying: You get KOed outside the house in Nostalgia, unintended. You beg for a wakeup. You see thief running into the house. You tell your team.

Comment

Ya... but still, it wouldn't do much in 95% of situations.

Comment

Wallhacking (Abusing the old bug) would also not do much good in 95% of the situations..?

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
            the AI's hear it from 10 miles away when you get KOed, so why can't you help your human friends out a bit? .
            Ooohh nice to see the AI's uber super god like hearing has been brought up again. :wink: Just think of what it would be like if we played on the genius setting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
              Originally posted by CrouchingDork
              the AI's hear it from 10 miles away when you get KOed, so why can't you help your human friends out a bit? .
              Ooohh nice to see the AI's uber super god like hearing has been brought up again. :wink: Just think of what it would be like if we played on the genius setting.
              Just yesterday, I was sword DMing in Breakout by myself, and I killed an AI at the bottom level in the cells. In a minute or so, there was not five, not six, but SEVEN AI that came running, flare in hand.

I killed them all, but that's not the point.

And Swiss, I know what you mean. I'm just bringing the other point of view into play. I'll leave it for the TUT judges to decide . Although, you know as well as I do that wallhacking was completely different that this. It was WAY worse, and WAY more useful.

Comment

The only issue I see listed that I'd consider considering as an exploit is the "spying" one. Even that's really iffy. If a thief team notices a KO'd player waiting for a wakeup, the thief who KO'd him can relay the location of the KO to his team, and they can simply be wary in that area, or even deliberately distract or take actions that are a ruse to get incorrect information to the guard team, so the situation is counterable (with teamwork), and can potentially be turned against the team of the player doing it.

Treating it as a bannable offense is futile, though, since as you say, it's really unenforceable.

Comment

I thought the guildmasters took a vote of this that if you are koed you must hit the left mouse button. Lr I was around when that took place please check on this it is very strange since tco did vote for this.
                  The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

I always wait for a wakeup when I am KO'ed. How about for 1.5 when you get KO'd or killed your screen goes black so you can't see or report to your team, either that or when you do click the game does a check for any unconcious AI and if there are it will put you in a waiting pool. I really think it's stupid to get KO'ed and then have to spectate when there will be AI's available later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff
                      I thought the guildmasters took a vote of this that if you are koed you must hit the left mouse button. Lr I was around when that took place please check on this it is very strange since tco did vote for this.
                      It's included as a rule of play in TurfWars. But that ONLY applies to TurfWars. TurfWars rules don't apply to other matches and open play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff
                        The problem here is that if you're KOed and there are no AI left to inhabit, if you respawn immediately you won't be able to respawn when an AI wakes up. If you don't left click and spectate, you're in a position to give your team information they shouldn't have.
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Additionally, what if a thief dies in the obj room, and starts spying...

Comment

Maybe this could be something to be implimenteted into v1.5....

When your KO'd you cant whisper to your teammates....
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

I'm all for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X