i've been hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've been hacked

last night when i was playing diablo 2 lod. i just got some new items the occy orb and lidless shield. then all of a sudden my game crashed. i started it back up a few more times andi t kept crashing then my password was changed. so i've been hacked. so i was wondering if you guys had any ideas or could hook me up with some times if you don't play the game anymore? if you can that willl be a great help.
    I have sex with my hand!

If you haven't already done so, first thing first, run a virus scan.

Comment

Was your password at least 10 characters?

Was it a word?

Did you download any third party programs from shoddy websites? Some sites might have legitimate programs, with trojans on them.

Scan your computer for viruses/trojans.

Also, I can offer suggestions:

You don't need the great equipment to play Diablo 2. Hell, I've played untwinked characters like the throwing barbarian all the way through hardcore, all the way through hell. The only problem is, the game may get boring if everyone else is killing 5x faster then you -> Why I like to solo.

I pity for your loss. If you really need the items, make a Frozen Orb/Whatever sorceress, and do some NM Mephisto runs. Items rack up quickly.

Comment

I cant help HS, but maybe this funny story may cheer you up.

Back in the day, when I was a n00b to Diablo 2 online, well, all online games really, I created a paladin.... I got quite far, and became quite powerful. I had some immense items, and things where great.

Then one day.

I was in the staging room (where you select a server) and this guy, another paladin, whispers to me "hey.... wanna learn how to dupe items?" so replyed "you cant in Diablo 2 mate, sorry" and he said "oooh, yeah you can, join my server"

And so, he gave me his server name and password... I joined, curiously.

He said you could duplicate items like in Diablo 1 but the process was different. I asked "how?" He said "fill you inventory up with stamina potions and put on this 'special' belt" The belt was just a regular sash.... so I thought it was a bit strange.... but me, being the n00b, I said "okay!"

Next. He told me he had to kill me, then when I clicked on my dead body after respawning, all my items would be replaced in my inventory, but another set of my items would be thrown on the floor..... I said "right... okay kill me" So he did.

I ran back to my body.... ready to click... he said "go ahead" so, I clicked... and all my stuff fell on the floor...... not in my inventory... I was in disarry and typing at my fastest saying it didnt work... but he just killed me.. took all of my stuff and left the game strait after!!!!!!!!!!! as you can imagine I was furious! I was in such a rage my keyboard flew across the room and smashed! I shouted at the TOP of my voice "motherfucker" only to be told off my mother to "shuttup!"

Ever since then, I never trust anyone online with anything.... it really hit me hard that day.

Awww well, thats my story of Diablo 2, which really happend... ask Machine... :|
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Wasn't me...

Comment

Fixxxie, I knew what was coming in your story as soon as you mentioned the inventory full of garbage potions....

Comment

I was new! what else can I say... :cry:
              -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                I was new! what else can I say... :cry:
                And I wasn't when I read it. If I was still new, and it happened to me, it probably would have caught me out, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                  Was your password at least 10 characters?

Was it a word?

Did you download any third party programs from shoddy websites? Some sites might have legitimate programs, with trojans on them.

Scan your computer for viruses/trojans.

Also, I can offer suggestions:

You don't need the great equipment to play Diablo 2. Hell, I've played untwinked characters like the throwing barbarian all the way through hardcore, all the way through hell. The only problem is, the game may get boring if everyone else is killing 5x faster then you -> Why I like to solo.

I pity for your loss. If you really need the items, make a Frozen Orb/Whatever sorceress, and do some NM Mephisto runs. Items rack up quickly.

thanks for this great advice swiss, but do you think i would be able to call up blizzard tell them my cd key and get my items back. i'm not really mad i just think it's kind of funny. and as a matter of fact i had a sorceress with about 400 mf on her. and you know i really hope they delete everyones account for the upcomming 1.10 patch or at least my tiems i had b\c i don't think it's fair for someone to take my shit and have fun useing it when i busted my ass of to get it.
                  I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Originally posted by HomeSkillet
                    last night when i was playing diablo 2 lod. i just got some new items the occy orb and lidless shield. then all of a sudden my game crashed. i started it back up a few more times andi t kept crashing then my password was changed. so i've been hacked. so i was wondering if you guys had any ideas or could hook me up with some times if you don't play the game anymore? if you can that willl be a great help.
                    WAY TOO MUCH SPAMMAGE there dude. :roll: [edit] in the name of good taste[/edit]
                    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

I cant help HS, but maybe this funny story may cheer you up.

Back in the day, when I was a n00b to Diablo 2 online, well, all online games really, I created a paladin.... I got quite far, and became quite powerful. I had some immense items, and things where great.

Then one day.

I was in the staging room (where you select a server) and this guy, another paladin, whispers to me "hey.... wanna learn how to dupe items?" so replyed "you cant in Diablo 2 mate, sorry" and he said "oooh, yeah you can, join my server"

And so, he gave me his server name and password... I joined, curiously.

He said you could duplicate items like in Diablo 1 but the process was different. I asked "how?" He said "fill you inventory up with stamina potions and put on this 'special' belt" The belt was just a regular sash.... so I thought it was a bit strange.... but me, being the n00b, I said "okay!"

Next. He told me he had to kill me, then when I clicked on my dead body after respawning, all my items would be replaced in my inventory, but another set of my items would be thrown on the floor..... I said "right... okay kill me" So he did.

I ran back to my body.... ready to click... he said "go ahead" so, I clicked... and all my stuff fell on the floor...... not in my inventory... I was in disarry and typing at my fastest saying it didnt work... but he just killed me.. took all of my stuff and left the game strait after!!!!!!!!!!! as you can imagine I was furious! I was in such a rage my keyboard flew across the room and smashed! I shouted at the TOP of my voice "motherfucker" only to be told off my mother to "shuttup!"

Ever since then, I never trust anyone online with anything.... it really hit me hard that day.

Awww well, thats my story of Diablo 2, which really happend... ask Machine... :|

that reallllly sucks. Sorry man. When I played Diablo 1 I only played for about 30 minutes. Every server I went on had hacked items laying around, like the Whale Plate of God and the Amulet of the Zodiac so everyone was super powerful. A lesson for all game developers: DOn't let the hackers hacK!
                      GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Thanks.

Its something thats really stuck with me when it comes to online gaming. :x
                        -YT

Comment

Its something thats really stuck with me when it comes to online gaming. :x
                          It's the reason I've avoided realms altogether in D2, and played SP or just with a few friends.

Comment

I've noticed that quite a large portion of the people who play Blizzard's games online are mostly assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                              I've noticed that quite a large portion of the people who play Blizzard's games online are mostly assholes.
                              Yeah, really. HomeSkillet, SwissMerc, FixXxeR, me....

Comment

Working...
                              X