Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta read this!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela Anderson takes on KFC

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) -- Former "Baywatch" star and animal-rights activist Pamela Anderson has sent a scathing letter to KFC accusing it of abusing millions of chickens, and is urging a consumer boycott of the fast-food franchise.

"If people knew how KFC treats its chickens, they'd never eat another drumstick," Anderson wrote to John Bitove, chairman of KFC Canada's parent company, Priszm Brandz.

KFC, which owns or franchises about 12,300 outlets in 90 countries, is a division of YUM Brands.

"What KFC does to 750 million chickens each year is not civilized or acceptable, and you can help change that," Anderson wrote in a letter circulated by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Thursday.

"Cruelty is cruelty, and KFC is being cruel in the extreme. I am calling for a boycott of all KFC restaurants until my friends at PETA tell me that you have agreed to be kinder in your practices."

Her friends in this endeavor include Paul McCartney, music mogul Russell Simmons, and National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) President and CEO Kweisi Mfume.

The campaign has included demonstrations around the world, as well as billboard and print advertisements allegedly exposing KFC's cruelty to chickens.

"KFC uses only the highest quality ingredients in all the meals we freshly prepare in out restaurant kitchens," said KFC spokeswoman Bonnie Warschauer.

"We buy our quality chicken from the same trusted brands as you do in the supermarkets, like Perdue, Tyson and Pilgrim's Pride. There's a lot more information about our quality standards on our Web site," Warschauer said.

hahahahhahahahahhahahhahaha
    GLORY TO THE MANY!

even if they do get treated better they r still gonna die
    This is my cool sig.

Comment

I wonder if Ms Anderson is as concerned about the fish that get ground up to make all that lipstick she wears?

Comment

LMAO :lol: nice 1
        "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
        "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          I wonder if Ms Anderson is as concerned about the fish that get ground up to make all that lipstick she wears?
          good point.
          GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Anyone notices that very few things on the KFC menu actually have the word "chicken" in it? and they even changed the signs to say "KFC" implying that its Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it doesn't really say.

Comment

Well, that's it then. I'm selling off my stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriminal
                Anyone notices that very few things on the KFC menu actually have the word "chicken" in it? and they even changed the signs to say "KFC" implying that its Kentucky Fried Chicken, but it doesn't really say.
                You got that email too?
                Unfortunatly if you follow through and actually check it out, the word chicken is on the menu countless times, and they do in fact refer to themselves as Kentucky Fried Chicken :grin:
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I heard this a long time ago, why they changed their name to KFC instead of sticking with Kentucky Fried Chicken, they wanted to get rid of the word FRIED in the name, tryng to appear healthier to the consumers. Which is a crock anyway.

Comment

They also have been refering to themselves internally as KFC for sometime too. Way back when, while still in high school (circa mid to late 80's), I worked at one and KFC was the name used internally almost exclusively. The difference was such that I was once able to give some poor girl a short head trip back in college- I pegged her as a former employee after she refered to them as "KFC."
                    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                      , they wanted to get rid of the word FRIED in the name, tryng to appear healthier to the consumers. Which is a crock anyway.

Thats right, they were actually trying to dodge the Kentucky steriotype.
                      Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

These last post remind me of the MR2 story.
                        [Story Time]
                        Now there was this motor car company named Toyota.
                        One day they came up with a great idea for a car: A sports car named "MR2".
                        Happy with their new toy Toyota started to ship its car all over the world including Europe.
                        But you see there was a problem. When the MR2 arrived at french speaking countries people noticed that the name ressembled the french word "merde" (which I will not translate to maintain some mistery to non french speakers). Realising the problem the good people at Toyota quickly droped the "r" out of the name in a atempt to save the car's reputation.
                        But it was too late, people had already assembled the s***y name of a not so beautifull car.
                        And so it was that to this date the Toyota MR2 is still known in some countries has "The S****y Car"[/Story Time]

Its not the only case actually Mitsubishi also had to change name of the "Pajero" to "Montero" in Spain beacause the word also has a bad reputation.

This Story Time was brought you by RENT-A-SPAM-SPACE your only and loyal Spam Space provider.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

The Chevy Nova had problems in Spanish speaking countries, too. In Spanish, "No va" means "It doesn't go".

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
                            even if they do get treated better they r still gonna die
                            Yes, but I can see where they're coming from.

You're going to die one day, but you'd like to have a nice life, no?
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

>just gets in from KFC<

Hay guys..... why are you looking at me like that?
                              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X