Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo PC. Download this now, or your brain is fried.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo PC. Download this now, or your brain is fried.

See title.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/

Best. Game. Ever. I loved it, and beat it on ledgendary (quite a feat, took me months, if you're ever played it you'd know how hard that is), and eventually sold it along with my Xbox, since it lacked mulitplayer, and I needed the money for a bike It sucked to see it go, but I'd beat solo play so many times that it lost the absolute buzz it gave me before to just a normal buzz .

Anyways, now it's back, with NEW levels, more weapons, more vehicles, and MULTIPLAYER!!!!!1!1

I can't wait to get the full version, I might start a clan.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Erm... well... Xbox had multiplayer you know...

Comment

Not back then. It just came out recently, and you have to pay. Besides, it didn't have NEW LEVELS, NEW VEHICLES, AND NEW GUNS!!!1!111

Comment

LoL. I downloaded the demo. The MP for the demo is awful. I'm sure it's fun, but the lag is just ridiculous.
        GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

*yawn* Saw it at MacWorld when it was first announced. Very good game at the time, mayhaps even revolutionary.

Three years later, it's been crippled by Microsoft for their console, and the ideas that made it revolutionary have been done better in other games. Sorry, I'll pass.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Pffft, It was fine for me! Just search for the lowest ping servers. I found at least a hundred under 100ms. There was a bunch at 30-40!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
              and the ideas that made it revolutionary have been done better in other games.
              Like what?

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                Not back then. It just came out recently, and you have to pay. Besides, it didn't have NEW LEVELS, NEW VEHICLES, AND NEW GUNS!!!1!111
                4 players have always been able to play on one xbox... And gamespy was very fast to release the xbox tunnel system that allowed you to play halo trough gamespy.
                Sometime later another program called "Xbconnect" was released, which also use the network of xbox to run netgames over internet... And much better then gamespy i might add.

But granted... Halo Pc is much better

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                  and the ideas that made it revolutionary have been done better in other games.
                  Like what?
                  Vehicles, for one. Halo was one of the first games to have vehicles like that in multiplayer, including vehicles that could be manned by multiple people. Battlefield 1942 and like games do this now, UT2004 will, it's hardly revolutionary. And at least on the XBox version, the implementation of it in Halo sucks.

Nonlinear single player was a second feature I found quite cool. That didn't even make it into the Microsoft version that I could see. There also isn't nearly the detailed and immersive environment that Bungie originally planned, a world where even minor details like wind speed mattered.

Also, the graphics were bloody amazing back when Halo was announced. Now they're old hat, especially since they had to be crippled to run on an XBox. Now real time shadowing, particle systems, and dynamic lighting are all commonplace.
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                    4 players have always been able to play on one xbox... And gamespy was very fast to release the xbox tunnel system that allowed you to play halo trough gamespy.
                    Sometime later another program called "Xbconnect" was released, which also use the network of xbox to run netgames over internet... And much better then gamespy i might add.

But granted... Halo Pc is much better
                    I had xbox tunnel, and it sucked crap. The lag was horrible, even unbareable. I didn't find it fun at all.

Mind you though, I did have a bit of an xbox lan party once. Eight player halo RULED. It's not quite as good on PC, since you can't talk to and mock each other, but it's still real close.

Darkbill, I respect your right to have an opinion, but graphics and revolutionary ideas aren't the only thing. It's gameplay I care about, and Halo has some of the best gameplay I've ever experienced.

Oh, and what do you mean by nonlinear single player?

Comment

We got HALO recently and I played it online... its good, the graphics are spectacular and the gameplays alright, but its another genre of 'those' kind of games... i.e Operation Flashpoint, BF1942 (which is just as good as Halo) and even this kind of game dates back to SKYNET!! (anyone remember?)

Its nothing really revolutionary, but it IS a cool game online.

p.s The selection of vehicles.... erm.... sucks...
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Darkbill, I respect your right to have an opinion, but graphics and revolutionary ideas aren't the only thing. It's gameplay I care about, and Halo has some of the best gameplay I've ever experienced.
                        Certainly gameplay is the most important thing -- you asked what Halo had lost, and I was explaining. I've never seen the PC version of the game, but from what I've seen the XBox version leaves a helluva lot to be desired.

My point -- which Fixxxer also just made -- is that it's nothing special anymore. Battlefield 1942 has very similar features, and it's not alone. There aren't many games I play, and while I miss what Halo could have been, the Microsoft incarnation isn't really good enough, or special enough, for me to play.

Oh, and what do you mean by nonlinear single player?
                        Similar to Deus Ex, in that there are multiple ways to complete any objective. Halo was even going to have flexible objectives, with the player deciding what course to take to complete a higher goal.

Comment

Thank you Bill. So, CD... when does the brain-frying start.... the thread name promised....actually... nevermind.
                          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                          -YT

Comment

As soon as you get close enough to me when I have a plasma rifle in hand....

Comment

enough about halo whaat about the ps2 game tenchu 2 that anygood
                              I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Working...
                              X