Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever want to be an AoE villager or fighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever want to be an AoE villager or fighter?

Wow, i've been gone for a while again...sorry! I just came back to give you a Garlisk update. I've been doing this.

And, check out Savage. Like the title of my post said...its like you get to BE ONE OF THE LITTLE GUYS! Totally cool! You can even gain experience by building and mining for your team. I've got the demo, and its just plain awesome.

www.s2games.com I think. If not, search for S2 Games.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

I just got back from an entire weekend of playing video games, one of which was the Savage demo, and I ran into a few issues:

LAG: even on our LAN, we were getting red-jacked every ten seconds
    Player count: For a 56k'er like me, LAN is really the only option for good multiplayer gaming. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to get enough people together to play the game properly.
    Towers: A little over-powered if you ask me, plus they don't seem to have any range restrictions. 5 or 6 placed at an entrance to a base will pretty much ensure no one gets in as long as you have someone to shoot at the catpults...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
      I just got back from an entire weekend of playing video games, one of which was the Savage demo, and I ran into a few issues:

LAG: even on our LAN, we were getting red-jacked every ten seconds
      Player count: For a 56k'er like me, LAN is really the only option for good multiplayer gaming. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to get enough people together to play the game properly.
      Towers: A little over-powered if you ask me, plus they don't seem to have any range restrictions. 5 or 6 placed at an entrance to a base will pretty much ensure no one gets in as long as you have someone to shoot at the catpults...

cool. What games did u play? I'm just tryin' to get everyone's opinion on games, cuz I need to get a new one soon. I've played through the single players of all my games, and I'm getting bored playing there Multiplayer. I need a new game with a strong SP, and I don't really care about it's MP. If the MP is good, then fine, but what games do u guys think have strong Single Player?????
      GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

I guess cable is needed to properly play the game, then...sorry to hear that it does that to ya BiG_D.

I haven't noticed that about the towers though. We just get a couple guys with ballista, and go sit back somewhere to fire in. I usually protect em with marksmans bow...

I will say this...whoever expanded the fastest and grabbed the spawn flags has won each game i've played. Noone has "made a comeback" and pushed the other team accross the map.
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by godofdarklaughter
          I need a new game with a strong SP, and I don't really care about it's MP. If the MP is good, then fine, but what games do u guys think have strong Single Player?????
          Well, I'm probably better talking about multiplayer games, but here is what I've been playing single player: Warcraft III + Frozen Throne, Operation Flashpoint, Halo (really doesn't have any replayability other than multiplayer IMO), Enter the Matrix (yuck), and NHL 2004. Now, all of those games, other than Matrix, have very fun multiplayer modes should you ever need them. Warcraft III seems to have a nice, long, single player campaigns and I haven't even touched the expansion yet. Grab Operation Flashpoint GOTY edition and you will have enough game to keep you occupied for months. Halo is really only worth it if you want the multiplayer. Enter the Matrix is buggy. Really buggy. But the fighting is fun, it just doesn't make up for the rest of the game. NHL 2004 seems to be harder than the previous games in the series, and when we played multiplayer, we lost because we couldn't manage to stop taking penalties :lol:

Originally posted by Garlisk
          I guess cable is needed to properly play the game, then...sorry to hear that it does that to ya BiG_D.

I haven't noticed that about the towers though. We just get a couple guys with ballista, and go sit back somewhere to fire in. I usually protect em with marksmans bow...
          Did you have the same lag problems that I had? At times it was almost unplayable. And with the towers, every time I'd try to hit it with the ballista, no matter how far away I was, the tower could still hit me :x

Comment

War 3 SP: Repetitive & Boring after the first few missions. Build units, send them at enemy. Rinse & Repeat. Since you have a poor internet connection, you probably won't enjoy MP much.

Now, for some good SP games.

Thief, Thief 2: If you haven't played them, you have to. Now.

Deus Ex: Great single-player. GREAT single-player. MUST. GET.

Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2: Both of them are great RPGs. Unlike Buzzard's "RPGs", you aren't walking around killing monsters because they edandger the town. Both games are quite character interaction oriented, and have a great plot. It's a great game the first time(Around 80 hours), and definetely asks for a second replay. A third is also nice. I suppose you might not like it if you:

Don't like to think about puzzles.

Can't help but kill everything you meet.

Otherwise, great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
              Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2
              Amazing games.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

You don't need an internet connection to play multiplayer games, a LAN should work just fine (with the exception of NHL 2004)
                Warcraft has enough variation between the units to keep me interested.

Oh yeah - play Morrowind if you haven't...

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                  Can't help but kill everything you meet.
                  Guess they're not for me then. It always takes me forever on missions where you have to protect people or save someone, because they always end up pissing me off. So I kill them.

I'm not really into RPG's though. Not enough action for me.
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

BiG_D: No, i'm not having any lag trouble at all.

And heck, I shoot at towers with my hunting bow and they don't even shoot back at a certain range. Also, arrows don't hurt ballista much anyway that I can tell.
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I'll have to check out Op Flash and I think I'm gonna get UnDying. I DLed Savage last night. The animations for the fighting are terrible IMHO, I have cable and the lag was still awful, things kept getting jammed and the fighting was confusing and because of the lag, ridiculous. The towers were really hard, I'm gonna haveto play more to find out how stuff works. Once I play it some more I'll prob like it more.
                      GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Also, don't confuse comp lag with Internet lag.

My 866mhz chockes bad on the Eden2 map at lowest of low setting, making melee fighting very hard...but my trusty marksmans bow still works
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

No comp lag... I'm running a 2ghz system with a GeForce 3, plus you don't get the red-jack from comp lag.
                          I just though of something though: the demo checks for updates when you start it up. Since I didn't have an active connection nothing got updated. It is quite possible that the ping spikes were fixed in an update.
                          One other thing: I've heard a lot of people have had their CD-keys banned wrongfully. It sounds like they constantly check servers, and if a CD key is used twice, it is banned. This means if someone gets disconnected, but connects again quickly their CD-key may be banned if the server hasn't pinged out the first instance of the player. Also, if someone uses a generated one that matches another, it is quite possible they will be banned. Just a warning.

Comment

Alright, after a look at FixXxeR's post in the "What games are you playing" thread, I have to add two to the list. Freelancer for both singleplayer and amazing multiplayer action, and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, not much new since Jedi Outcast (other than the saber-staff. of course), but still fun singleplayer. I really haven't had much experiance with it, but I've heard good things about the multiplayer too.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                              Alright, after a look at FixXxeR's post in the "What games are you playing" thread, I have to add two to the list. Freelancer for both singleplayer and amazing multiplayer action, and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, not much new since Jedi Outcast (other than the saber-staff. of course), but still fun singleplayer. I really haven't had much experiance with it, but I've heard good things about the multiplayer too.
                              Jedi Knight: Academy, is one of the greatest online games I have ever played!

so is Freelancer, and TUT an... and... >breeeath< yeah, thats it.
                              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X