Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being a cheap bastard pays off once again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a cheap bastard pays off once again!

I just got my monthly gaming magazine, "Computer Gaming World." Inside is a little article about the next issue, and what to expect for the holidays. It will contain a DVD with FULL games like Prince of Persia, Warlords: Battlecry, Dues Ex, and THIEF II.

So, not buying thief II for all this time is finally paying off, cause now I'm getting it free. Dues Ex is supposed to be good too, right?

I just have one minor problem...I don't have a DVD player!!

Is there any way to use just my normal CD player to install the games, or should I just go buy a 30 dollar DVD player?

Yes, I can hear you now... "just buy Thief II for $5 on ebay," but i'm not opposed to shelling out 30 bucks for a few games, AND having a DVD player for when I need one.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

I believe you would need a DVD drive to decode the DVD info on the DVD disc.?.?

Yes... go buy a DVD player. If you have 2 drives might as well buy a DVD/CD rewriter too.

Comment

Ahahah.... And all for not!

Comment

That would be correct. Information on a DVD disc is encoded differently than on a regular CD drive. If a CD drive could read it, then it would be a DVD drive.

Comment

Yo dudes, I just joined the forum and quite excited to be able to talk with you all. This kinda the first time I've ever joined a forum, so help me out and all . I already got a question: How do I give myself a picture? (Like I said I don't know this stuff very well, yet.)
          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
            Yo dudes, I just joined the forum and quite excited to be able to talk with you all. This kinda the first time I've ever joined a forum, so help me out and all . I already got a question: How do I give myself a picture? (Like I said I don't know this stuff very well, yet.)
            Welcome to the Thievery boards.

First, a point of etiquette: You're hijacking someone else's thread here. It's completely appropriate to start a new thread to introduce yourself and say hi. However, Garlisk is a pretty laid-back and friendly guy, and already got the the answers he was looking for in posting this thread, so no biggee.

Now, what did you want to do with that pic? There's a photo album on the board (check the top of the forum index for a button that says "Album"). If you want it in that, email it to Predator. If you wanted to put it in a post, though, you first have to place it in some publically accessible webspace. Your ISP probably provides you with 2-10 MB free with your account. Then you can post the link here, or if you surround the URL of the pic with image tags ([img] {image URL goes here} [/img]) then it will show in your post as an actual pic.

Comment

I think he just wants an avater LR :roll:

Nevermind LR, he's far to intellegent for his own good :-D

JOKING LR! NO NOT THE FACE AGAIN! OUCH offfff OW!
              ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                I think he just wants an avater LR :roll:
                Oh. Heheh. Woops.

Still needs to be hosted in publically accessible webspace, but then you stick the URL of the pic in the "Link to offsite avatar" box in your profile.

Nevermind LR, he's far to intellegent for his own good :-D
                Nah, I'm just specially trained to seem that way. You know, like a trained seal?

JOKING LR! NO NOT THE FACE AGAIN! OUCH offfff OW!
                OW!! Broke my paw again....

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  OW!! Broke my paw again....

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

First, a point of etiquette: You're hijacking someone else's thread here. It's completely appropriate to start a new thread to introduce yourself and say hi. However, Garlisk is a pretty laid-back and friendly guy, and already got the the answers he was looking for in posting this thread, so no biggee.

My thread! Hi-jacked!! KKKEEEEEEEELLLL HIM!

LoL, yeah, and you're not doing yourself any favors introducing yourself on one of my threads. Make your own intro for more responses.

BACK OnT:

Ok, I kinda figured I'd have to get a DVD player...

Actually, I already have a CD:RW, so I think I get the DVD, and shove it in the normal CD player slot...and that way Ill have a back up CD player for my old comp or whatever.

And in the spirit of cheap bastardness, I'm going to wait til I get the DVD before buying the player...maybe the price will go down a few cents on players!
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Well, now I'm wishing I wouldn't have let my subscription to CGW run out... Think I still have time to subscribe?? :lol:
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Just buy the issue when it comes out. Its for CD subscibers (me) and newstand buyers.
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if 'hidden_wolfe' never returns.....
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

none of your friendz has DVD and CD-RW to get data from DVD on CD?
                              See you in beers

Comment

Working...
                              X