My Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Upgrade

I just upgraded my OS from ME to XP. Not sure whether I like it yet or not....
    Let you know what I think later!

I also added an additional 512 RAM to my 256 RAM and the difference is amazing! Anybody who still only has 256 RAM out there should definetely consider an upgrade IMHO!

Upgrading soon to 512, over here. It -will- be worth it, as my server right now is a pathetic pile of s***.
    JM

Comment

hope you did a format and total new install. upgradeing ME to XP sometimes causes sound prollems.
      Modeller,
      Thievery UT
      www.jeredhunter.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jered
        hope you did a format and total new install. upgradeing ME to XP sometimes causes sound prollems.
        Of course. Completely wiped out my drive!

Comment

(that part was an accident, though)
          I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

I plan on upgrading to 2 GB DDR RAM late spring. Hope this helps with Thievery!
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
              I plan on upgrading to 2 GB DDR RAM late spring. Hope this helps with Thievery!
              Not unless you want to run it 5 times simultaneously.

Comment

Going from 95/98/Me to 2k/XP is the best thing you can do for you PC. Goodbye constant crashes, hello stability.

Current Windows XP uptime: 2wks 5days 12hrs 32mins 22secs

Comment

I had 512 until one stick went bad; now I'm at 256 and not really noticing much of a difference. This is on my -highly- streamlined version of 2000, though, optimized for games, so that likely has something to do with it.

Current OpenBSD Uptime: 1 year, 7 months, 23 days, 11 hours, 6 minutes.
                  (Sorry, Dalai, but that was required from an OSX/BSD guy ^_^)
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

[quote="Dalai"]Going from 95/98/Me to 2k/XP is the best thing you can do for you PC. Goodbye constant crashes, hello stability.

Current Windows XP uptime: 2wks 5days 12hrs 32mins 22secs [/quote}

absolutely the best advice
                    I have win xp and i am sure you will eventually like it better
                    with win 98 if UT crashes sometimes if not all the time your comp
                    will crash with it forceing a reboot.
                    with XP and the ntfs file system and the sys restore point feature
                    your life will be much easier.
                    Kudos on the memory upgrade too
                    isn't it much better now? : )
                    have 512 mb ram and considering getting more
                    when i can afford it/prices come down some

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                      (that part was an accident, though)
                      Shhhh. Don't tell!

Comment

Don't even think of going back to ME from XP, Mistar BioHazard

Comment

Doh. My files were corrupted somehow when I put them on a CD. Lost all of my family's emails in the process!

Biohazard <------------

Goodbye world!

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                            Doh. My files were corrupted somehow when I put them on a CD. Lost all of my family's emails in the process!
                            Put them on a CD? Why didn't you just leave them on your HD? :?

Comment

Operating System: {Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 3 (5.0 - 2195)} ¤ Uptime: {3w 6h 53m 57s} ¤ Record: {3wks 6hrs 54mins 38secs(Set on 19/01/03 using 2K)}

Windows 2000 is superior, clearly.

Best uptime pre-installaiton of the script: 6 weeks.

MrEricSir: because he formatted his HD, that's why.
                              Modeller,
                              Thievery UT
                              www.jeredhunter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X