Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aiiiiiieeeeee! (or: I just got system shock II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiiiiiieeeeee! (or: I just got system shock II)

Not sure why, but I just decided to get System Shock II and give it a try. I remember it got great ratings and was made by LGS.

I did the training and i'm into the first mission a little bit...had to take a break to settle my nerves. This game has some real good atmosphere...

Was wondering if any of you knew where I could go to play it online...if such a place exists anymore.

Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

yeah, it's a great game, gotta finish it sometime. don't know any online places sorry
    This is my cool sig.

Comment

u need to give another person ur ip (or vice versa) to play online-coop. Servers dont exist as far as i know.

u gotta loove smashing those mutants with the wrench
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

Oh, don't forget to get the texture patch ( http://texturemod.wz.cz/ ) and rebirth
        patch ( http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aube...ck_rebirth.htm ). These should help you on your way.

Comment

SS2 is one of the greatest games on the planet!!!

What operating system do you run it on Garlisk... I cant run it in XP, it crashes for some unknown error, otherwise I'd setup a game for us to coop in...
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

I'm running it Win ME.

How does MPlayer work in SSII?
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Coop was added in the patch.

It's great fun over a LAN, but if your going over internet you need to know IP of other players... And ye be warned. It's a bit buggy and unstable.

Comment

Not sure exactly how it works.... me and Mach once tried it unsuccessfully over a LAN, so I was hoping you knew.

Nevermind anyway... SS2 doesnt work in XP and I aint changing my OS just for that anytime soon.... :grin:
                -YT

Comment

System shock 2 does work in XP.
                  You need to install it with the same parameter as in Thief.

[code:1:95ba0c54c6]CDROM:\setup.exe -lgntforce[/code:1:95ba0c54c6]

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
                    System shock 2 does work in XP.
                    You need to install it with the same parameter as in Thief.

[code:1:b23bef2e54]CDROM:\setup.exe -lgntforce[/code:1:b23bef2e54]
                    Cool Omega I'll give it a try. Cheers mate!
                    -YT

Comment

the only problem SS2 had on my XP-System was some screwed EAX-Sound and a incompatibility to my graphics accelerator which made it impossible to interact with the inventory ingame
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

For those of you with a hyperthreading processor, see here.

Microwave missed the high poly weapon mod and the other texture mod.
                        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

There's also a expert difficulty multiplayer patch thing, so that you can play multiplayer at the highest difficulty level (rather than second highest). You can get it from me: http://immortius.actewagl.net.au/sho...difficulty.zip

If you do play multiplayer, I suggest frequent saves using all the slots in a cycle. Occasionally I would get a problem where one person's version of the saved game would just quit them back to the desktop, and we had to revert to the last area (all saves from the current area had the same effect). Which was annoying. The game also can be a little silly at times (hey look, our eyes are at chest level! :lol.
                          Immortius' Forge

Comment

Where did you find SS2? I have been looking for it but I willl not buy it online or through ebay....got burned using that.
                            formerly littlek

Comment

Originally posted by littlek
                              Where did you find SS2? I have been looking for it but I willl not buy it online or through ebay....got burned using that.
                              Look in the bargain bins at EB, CompUSA, or BestBuy. I've seen a few hiding there fairly recently.
                              No Linux, No Choice.
                              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X