Free web hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free web hosting?

Hello all my good good friends, just wondered if any of you knew of anyone providing free web space that'll let me link to it (for the purposes of having a James the Cat avatar)?
    I'm cool!

OT - Somehow this forum feels like it's just a big conversation between me and Megadude.

Off topic: I should stop posting huge images.

On topic: Things have been going quite bad in free web hosting land - the hosts don't like image linking (For a good reason)

Comment

http://www.brinkster.com/

I think you have to have your own ULR though... never tried linking straight from a host with having a doman.

Comment

http://www.onestop.net
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

PM me and I'll host it.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

For anyone's information, I can host avatars, too.
            JM

Comment

Thanks for the offers chaps, but if I can get my own space it'll be useful as I'll be able to change it at will without pestering anyone.
              I'm cool!

Comment

Wahey! As you can see, I now have a swanky new James the Cat avatar. It also means I can post images, such as this one:

Woo! Thanks for the advice, people.

Edit- Crap. Anyone want to tell me how to make my images appear?

2nd Edit- Oh for fucks sake, now my avatars gone too!!! I thought these brinkster peeps allowed remote linking, no?
                I'm cool!

Comment

I see both fine.

Comment

You do?! As far as I can tell, I bung them on the net, link to them, they work the first time I look at them but on a refresh I'm in red-cross hell. Can anyone else see them?
                    I'm cool!

Comment

Do I have to look at them?
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Red X for me.

Comment

Yes, I think Swiss was lying actually.
                          I'm cool!

Comment

In your post - a picture composed of shades of purple with an elderly lady drinking something. She has white gloves.

In your avatar - a cartoonish picture of a "Cat" that looks more like an own, sitting on a green "hill" with two sunflowers on the side. There is an inscription that reads "Bob the Cat" in a semi-circle formation on the upper part of the image.

I can't see them, I'm just reading your mind.

Comment

Sorted- DarkBill's hosting it for me.

You're right though, that was the content of the pictures. That wasn't just any lady though, it was the Queen mum (now dead ) drinking a pint- I assume brinkster just don't like remote file linking.

Anyway, my humblest thanks to Bill, and a big fuck-off to brinkster!
                              I'm cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X