This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex:Invisible War the next game of the year

Hi all I just registered here. Usually I hang around Ionstorm forums. They seem a bit laggy atm. Anyway I just finished seeing the gamespot preview and I am finally excited again. Here are a few quotes from the preview to get you started. BTW SPOILER ALERT!!!!

"Every light in the game is dynamic, which does push up the game's hardware requirements quite a bit. But producer Harvey Smith said that it's worth it because it takes the gameplay to another level."

This would be an enourmous gameplay change for Thievery. Anyway no word on the editor yet, probably will be released after Thief 3 is done.

"there are three different paths to go down for each bio-mod slot--a binary choice between two standard abilities or a third option of getting black-market bio-mods. The black-market technology--imported by a Russian group,"

Woot.

"Ion Storm is taking pains to make it possible to play all the way through Deus Ex: Invisible War without touching a weapon"

Spectors dream has come true.

"One of the best ways to get through secure windows without setting off an alarm is with a pistol upgrade that silently disintegrates the glass."

"Ion Storm doesn't script sequences but instead tries to set up missions that create many different dynamic possibilities, "

Owned.

"Naturally the designers have had to pick one ending to be the basis for the next game's story, but they just won't say which one. "

Damn. Well it can't be the dark age one. Perhaps it's when JC merged with the AI. I hope so as there is an organization called J.C. However it's possible he sided with Morgan Everet(Sp?).

Well I'm not gonna make this longer than it already is. For all you Deus Ex fans I truly believe now you will not be dissapointed. Yes PC will have high requirements but the game is also available for the Xbox. Both Male and Female voices have been done very well. I also heard they will transfer them to German when they release it in Europe. The release date for Europe is March 2004 though and it will probably be available only in DVD.(Well i know for sure in Germany only DVD because of piracy).

Well here's the link to the Gamespot preview and a few others.
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/deuse...war/index.html
    http://www.ionstorm.com
    http://www.deusex.com
    http://www.planetdeusex.com

Edit:Hm this preview is quite old. There are many more up to dates previews including a developer diary. Pc.ign.com for that one. Anyway just keep checking www.deusex.com and there will be a demo out soon. I hope.

everybody here knows DX

You should dl thievery and play while waiting for DX:IW

Comment

Already am chap. Thx for the tip though. Thievery could be much more though, don't you agree? I am grateful for what we have though.

Comment

Yeah, can't wait to play this one. Sounds great.
        (AKA Dresden)
        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
          everybody here knows DX

Amen, Korax!
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan
            Damn. Well it can't be the dark age one.
            In a later statement, Warren spector mentioned soemthing about "Humanity climbing out of an economic catastrophe." I'd say that the dark age is the probable ending.

Comment

Actually in an interview Warren Spector said they are forming the story line under the assumption that all three happened. Dunno how exactly he plans to do that, but that's what the man said.

Comment

i have to agree with AO...
                [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

Welcome to the community, IonFan. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your effort to keep them up to date on DX2.

However, perhaps you could answer a couple questions that I'm sure are on everyone's mind?
                  Originally posted by koraX
                  Already am chap. Thx for the tip though. Thievery could be much more though, don't you agree? I am grateful for what we have though.
                  How exactly is it that you know so much about what Thievery is or is not, when you're only just now downloading the game?

I can prove without contest it was not Unstoppable. Unstoppable is no more he now plays as X after his name. On servers he is not banned of course.

He's not the same person he used to be. He can be a positive player for this mod. There aren't many people that play anymore and the server was full when people were playing vs him. He can do that sometimes even though they want to kill him so bad. I've seen him play for a while too, and he plays for competition in a fun way. Even if he loses he always shows his fellow players respect.
                  And how is it that you know so much about how one of the most reviled players in the community plays, if you've never played before yourself?

Comment

He could have meant "already am" in the sense "I already am a player of thievery" rather than "I already am downloading it."
                    We do love the old witch-hunts a bit too much round here.
                    I'm cool!

Comment

MegaDude, you seem to have a knack for making Un-CTG comments on these forums- Laughing Rat is a representative of CTG. Your file is currently under investigation by the Commitee for un-Thievery Activities. Please do not try to leave the country.

Oh, and if you hear knocking on the door, please don't run. The bullet holes in the walls are a true public relations nightmare...

Comment

You two are too funny for words!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          You two are too funny for words!
                          I don't try to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                            I don't try to be.
                            You think you are though. Judging by the daily ammount of spam I see from you.

Comment

Come on Omega, happy thoughts! :grin:

Comment

Working...
                              X