Webtv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webtv

I'm curios how many people actually have a webtv. Or even know they exist.
    If you have one or know someone who does, what's your opinion about it?

If you don't know what a webtv is, google for it. (Although google makes it appear that <abbr title="Microsoft">MS</abbr> invented the webtv, I don't think they did.)

I have heard of it, have seen it advertised on TV. I don't know anyone personally that uses it. Why do you ask?

Comment

I'm curious about the way it renders pages on the internet.
      I might add support for webtv via CSS if a lot of people seem to use it.

Comment

My mom had one for a short time. We gave it to my grandparents and they still use it. I know of nobody else who has ever used one. Probably nobody on these forums would use one since I assume they are here because they play thievery. Can't play thievery on webtv. :x Webtv sucks and I would never use one again.

Comment

Well, it's a webtv afterall, it's ment to browse the web not to play Thievery on.

Why do you think it sucks?

Comment

WebTV is horrific. I had the displeasure of using it at work (seriously). Navigation, download speed, viewing/printing documents, etc was all painfully inadequate. If you know someone who is using this atrocity do them a favor and get them away from it.

Please do NOT support this (sub)standard.
            No Linux, No Choice.
            Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

It was extremely slow even though it claimed to be 56k. Most webpages look crappy on it because they weren't designed to be viewed on it. Most every page you go to has a side scroller. There is no mouse just a box around some text and you can jump from link to link. You can't right click anything and its just a pain to use it. The only part of it I liked is that it can record shows for you (but its just as easy to program the VCR) and that it has a tv guide built into it (but there is a TV Guide channel anyways). So overall it was lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky
                It was extremely slow even though it claimed to be 56k. Most webpages look crappy on it because they weren't designed to be viewed on it. Most every page you go to has a side scroller. There is no mouse just a box around some text and you can jump from link to link. You can't right click anything and its just a pain to use it. The only part of it I liked is that it can record shows for you (but its just as easy to program the VCR) and that it has a tv guide built into it (but there is a TV Guide channel anyways). So overall it was lame.
                sneaky ownz :grin:
                your poor grandparents :wink:
                "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherMan
                  WebTV is horrific. I had the displeasure of using it at work (seriously). Navigation, download speed, viewing/printing documents, etc was all painfully inadequate. If you know someone who is using this atrocity do them a favor and get them away from it.

Please do NOT support this (sub)standard.
                  I don't know anyone using it. I was just wondering how people using webtv experienced it. No mouse would be a pain I guess. :|

Comment

Working...
                  X