X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle DM thieves.

Firebolt load out.
    Fire spam everything.

When out of firebolts, suicide, get more.

They are gonna DM the AI anyways, might as well blow through lives with something useful and fun.
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    Firebolt load out.
    Fire spam everything.

They are gonna DM the AI anyways, might as well blow through lives with something useful and fun.
    How about you run, grab the AI, put them in a safe place, THEN fire spam everything? That way, you can hunt the bastards down, or just camp an objective they won't go within 20 feet of anyway.

One bad thing about trying to win by DM, is finding all the guards you need to kill/KO.
    TCO – Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

I think MG was joking.

Or else, he was saying he will fight fire with fire, so to speak. What he considers lame thief tactics of massivly KO'ing AI, he'll retaliate with lame firebolt spamming and suiciding. Overall, that makes for a lame game.

One or the other....
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

me? i don't dm as a thief, i don't firespam as a guard. I have 3 firebolts in my loadout and use them wiseley. The way i am going to put an end to dm is through my maps. There is going to be a ko/kill limit of 4 or 5 played into the objectives and you are going to have to pick and choose who you ko instead of going on a rampage deathmatch. The ko limit is 5 and somone ko's a 6th person? bam! game over guards win end of story. THATS, how im eliminating dm
        "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Firebolt load out.
          Fire spam everything.

Or, (and this is a radical idea, I admit), you can try to do something PRODUCTIVE, that INCREASES the level of gameplay, rather than forcing it to degenerate into a downward spiral, each side competing to see who can be the most childish and lame. Something like, oh, I don't know, learing to fight so-called "DMers" effectively, through careful management of your resources, and effective combat tactics.

Nah. That'd never work.

Comment

I'm actually thinking what I've proposed here is best.
            If it's gonna be a DeathMatch then make it a death match.

1) Rush the thief spawn.
            2) Kill at least one thief.
            3) Get BJ'd
            4) Repeat.

That way guards win because they have more lives, or, as I've seen in serveral games lately only the ghoster thieves are left and you can now settle into a real game.

Giving DM thieves time = Death

A quick, very aggressive response is the very best idea because they'll just polish off the AI. Even carefully placed AI are EASILY DM'd by these guys, either by picking them off with arrows or working as a team to BJ them.

By rushing spawn areas and firebolt spamming the DM theives can be eliminated early in the game OR the guards are eliminated early in the game. There is NO point to letting the game drag on for 40 minutes so the thieves can take their time winning by KO's.

Rush it, get it over fast.
            "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              Firebolt load out.
              Fire spam everything.

Or, (and this is a radical idea, I admit), you can try to do something PRODUCTIVE, that INCREASES the level of gameplay, rather than forcing it to degenerate into a downward spiral, each side competing to see who can be the most childish and lame. Something like, oh, I don't know, learing to fight so-called "DMers" effectively, through careful management of your resources, and effective combat tactics.

Nah. That'd never work.

I'm proposing an effective combat tactic here.
              By rushing the spawn points you keep the thieves from getting to the AI (your life bank). Use the firebolts and whatever else you can spam to kill at least one thief and suicide.

Repeat.

If you let these guys get to the AI they will simply KO everything in site. If you try using anything but firebolts you just end up invis/flashbombed KO'd.

All I'm suggesting is if they wanna DM, then the guards need to start DM'ing back.
              Waiting around for your life pool to evaporate isn't a winning tactic. Placing AI doesn't work, nor does guarding the gem.

That's just my opinion on the matter.

Comment

There are two problems with this. First, it doesn't discriminate. Assuming it works, you'll whack DM thieves, not-so-DM thieves, and the ghosters. That's gonna be bloody annoying for those who are -not- trying to DM.

Second, it's just adding lameness to lameness. Public servers are already bad enough in that respect, adding firebolt spamming spawnrapers to the mix isn't going to improve things much. Sure, it will make the rounds much shorter (either the thieves will all die or all the humans will get owned), but it's not something I want any part in.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

This is why 2 guards burnt to death on spiders earlier.... :lol:
                  How sad that you cant fight thieves and want to be totally impervious to a thief so you can chase/kill him in complete safety/lack of resistance.

Thieves won btw folks :swordthi: they fought us at the pool and adjoining corridor.
                  Also whyb is gerbs saying spawnrape is bad in one thread and asking ppl to do it in another :roll:
                  How TuF are you?
                  League of Legends
                  Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                    There are two problems with this. First, it doesn't discriminate. Assuming it works, you'll whack DM thieves, not-so-DM thieves, and the ghosters. That's gonna be bloody annoying for those who are -not- trying to DM.

Second, it's just adding lameness to lameness. Public servers are already bad enough in that respect, adding firebolt spamming spawnrapers to the mix isn't going to improve things much. Sure, it will make the rounds much shorter (either the thieves will all die or all the humans will get owned), but it's not something I want any part in.
                    Well, I'm not for spawn raping.
                    By rushing the spawn I mean get to a point where you bottleneck it but I wouldn't be for actually entering the spawn area.

I don't see it as lame, it's using your resources (AI lives) to accomplish as much damage to the opposing team as possible before they are all gone.

It's better to use up AI lives actually aggressively killing a thief than it is to allow them to be BJ'd. It's better to kill a single thief and die then it is to allow 5 AI to get BJ'd.

It's not a question of lameness, it's a question of looking at your resources and deciding how to use them up the very best. Allowing thieves to kill 8 AI is the absolute WORST solution.

This is NOT something I want, I just don't see much alternative.

People like to speak of placing AI, but the fact is a well placed AI is little match for a DM thief. Also, the time you spend running around grabbing AI you will loose three of them to a DM thief only to save a few that will be ineffective anyways.

Comment

In the end, my problem with this is that it is -- as you said -- turning the game into a deathmatch. That's not something I want to see, because I'm not playing the game for or as a deathmatch; I have UT and Q3 if that's what I'm interested in. That other people want to play Thievery like that is fine, I'd just rather not play with them.

This is NOT something I want, I just don't see much alternative.
                      Private or specialized servers seem to be the way to go.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

As an aside, the few times I've tried this I've seen (in most instances) where the ghosters are the only ones left alive.

Comment

Why can't you just stop writing these kind of messages? I don't like them. :|

Comment

There are valid alternatives...
                            -call a kick vote (when there's one DMer among 4 thieves) to get rid of the troublemaker. That will teach him.
                            -find as many AI as you can and make them follow you. That will be a big mess obviously , yet 5 guards using flares can easily bust lousy thieves in most dark areas and will pincushion DMers trying to KO them if they're together... only flashbomb monkeys will survive.
                            -roof snipers ? Camp the objs with AI at every doors.
                            -else you can just go berserk with mace + speed potions + caltrops. Devastating on DMers.

Comment

LOL, if he brings 5 ai he will surely lose himself and 5 ai
                              gerbs only takes firebolts in that situation so couldnt do much else.....
                              Simply be smart think smart and you can beat a "dmer" not waiting for backup is also a BIG mistake. Just cos you light em on fire doesnt mean they will run off if there's only YOU to try and kill em afterwards.
                              How TuF are you?
                              League of Legends
                              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                              X