Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thievery......places we haven't been, or have we.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery......places we haven't been, or have we.

As I was sitting at my desk tonight, going through things, I left the beginning of Thievery playing, watching the credits scroll by. I started looking at the places it was showing, some seem familiar to certain maps, but then again, not really. For some reason this time, I asked myself, "Where are these places in Thievery?"
    Where are some of these locations? Like the lighting flashes, and the coffin opens, there is a skeleton laying inside, with a necklace to steal. The red spiders down by the sewer, but a sewer I have never seen before. A guard walks what looks to be something out of Folly, alas, what is it. Were these specifically made for the opening credits of Thievery? Were they scene's from maps that never made it?
    What are they? What were they? Just curious. If this is redundant, old hat, its not to me, enlighten my curious mind.

I've been asking myself the same thing. Especially the town animation. The architecture looks very nice, yet i've never seen it.

My best guess is thoses are previous or early versions of known maps.
    ------

------"

Comment

One of the locales shown looks like a street level shot from Flats or an early version to me. The sewer shot is fairly bourgeois-esque. Another, as BA mentioned looks like a take from an early version of Folly, and a fourth, the one with the raised entryway to a building with the trellis over it is almost identical to the entryway to the guesthouse in Darkened Enlightenment. That comparison is even stronger when you know that off the screen from what you can see in the credits shot, there's a tall hedge and a wall, in the same places they'd be in that location in DE.

Comment

I have been wondering for the first time I have EVER seen the opening credits where in the heck those places are. Especially, BA, the one in the sewers with the red spider. But there is also a stairway and a door and a watcher in there. never seen it before in a game, and I have gone free-mode and everything to look for it to no avail. DEVs? or anyone that actually knows FOR SURE??
        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
        "Dream is Destiny"
        Waking Life

Comment

If you open the intro file in the thievery maps folder, you'll see that all those places are single rooms built quite far from each other with a camera actor in each of them. They aren't parts from any levels, they are just small pieces of geometry built with the same architecture. No biggie.
          JM

Comment

Dang.. I always wanted to see that place with the spiders, watcher, and sewer area. Maybe someone should make a map with all of those scenes!
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
              No biggie.
              Well, the question in question was big enough to ask, and I wasn't the only one that wondered about it too.

Comment

And I thank you for bringing it up BA. Because I would have wondered forever about those things, and I would have never thought to just ask and get my answer.

this is why BA is so much smarter than me.
                "Dream is Destiny"
                Waking Life

Comment

Curunir, don't flatter BA. LaughingRat is gonna kick your ass. :twisted:
                  JM

Comment

:roll: Ha....please. Cur will kick LR's ass. lolololhehehe

Comment

Yeah, LaughingRat is such a wimp. :?

And a map with all those scenes? Damn, Curunir... those scenes don't even go well together.
                      JM

Comment

Lurry, you could make a VERY trippy map that seems to cover every timeline. Only for people that aren't in the right frame of mind.. could be kind of cool...

Yeah, LR knows I could beat him up, lol. He's a weenie.

And I don't have to flatter BA. She knows she's hot and she doesn't need me to tell her. Just ask her.
                        "Dream is Destiny"
                        Waking Life

Comment

*realizes that the eye is ALWAYS watching and it just saw what I wrote.... quickly hides in a dark corner holding his teddy-bear.... please don't hurt me daddy....*
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

Daddy?

Comment

LOL
                              "Dream is Destiny"
                              Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                              X