Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you'll get no sympathy from me, Kewl...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you'll get no sympathy from me, Kewl...

I'll admit, straight up, that I had fun playing with TemperMental. He was a relatively new face who was respectful and improved quickly. (in retrospect, a little TOO quickly) Heck, I wasn't even too mad when I learned he was an imposter. KAMs antics had never touched me personally, and I remembered those fun times with TM. However, I didn't feel that he had any right to do what he did, and I agreed that the punishment should stand. All the same, I didn't feel the anger that some other members of this community did.

All that has drastically changed. Because I happen to use AOL and my local connection has an IP range of 172.x.x.x, I am now banned from Crackaz. I have to share his punishment. Apparently, I'm going to have to switch ISPs to play on Crackaz again. Let me reiterate, *I* am going to have to switch ISPs. (I know AOL sucks, but its the principle of the matter)

While I find this vastly unfair, I have to accept it graciously. LR has to lay down the law on this one to keep this community great. If people could act like juveniles and cheat unpunished, our community would take a quick downward slide.

Things are looking up though. The college I attend is considering opening up some of their bandwidth in the evenings for online games. Also, I think my family might be switching ISPs soon anyway. So hopefully I can get back on in the near future. (Right now I'm so busy, Its probably a good thing I cant play)

Anyway, my rant is over. I have a guitar lesson...

Here we go again, talk to LR about this, ranting on the forums will only attract flames..........*usually* Talk to LR. Your rant would of been better suited for the PM's.
    As for KAM, I am not going into any of that. I am bored with that situation anyway.

Comment

I have talked to LR. Several times. I'm just relaying what he told me..

I am sorry if this is a dead horse to the rest of you, but it just became a big issue for me. I know I'm being a little self-centered, but I wanted to let you guys know about my situation.

I knew this thread could easily turn into a flame-war, but it wasn't my intention to start one. I tried not to attack Kewl and I hope you dont think I did.

Comment

As you can imagine, it's a slightly complicated situation. Still working on a solution.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of your demise Raptor, its not fair you having to share a punishment, because of someone elses selfishness.

Hope it works out for you.
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

I'd just like to chime in here and say we're not done with this issue yet. I'm VERY sorry for Raptor, and I really appreciate the fact he's taking it so well, and not holding it against the Crackaz admin team. I'd actually cleared the IP range at one point, thinking KAM had just been passing through it, but then he re-appeared on that range again.

Raptor, we may be able to work things out on a case-by-case basis until you're set up differently. Grank, Entropy, Jarvis, and I all have the ability to open that range on our server, so if you IM one of us, we may be able to open it up for you to play for a while. Thanks for being so patient and such a good sport about this.

Comment

Cool. Thanks again LR.

If making this public was a bad idea I apologize, but I was completely bummed about the whole affair this morning and needed to speak my mind a little.

Comment

I would think that if Kewl had the gall to air his problems publicly, a statement like this is worth hearing for us.

Comment

I agree.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Solution : Terminate KAM...

Hay! Thats my job isn't it!
                    ~TuF~

Comment

wow sucks to be you. why odn't you go for some local net not aol bc it sucks.
                      I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Oh man. I think so much about having a different ISP... It took my parents until 2 years ago just to get AOL. Watching their technological advancement is like watching glacial flow..

I hope this lousy college opens up their firewall ASAP so I can put this all behind me...

Comment

i hope so to..i miss you raptor ops:
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Aww... hush up.. you're makin me all teary eyed :cry:

Comment

a 10 dollar a month lacal net would do you fine. thats how much my dial costs.
                              I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Working...
                              X