video game violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video game violence

ok i have somthing else for you guys to argue about. i think you might all be on the same page on this topic than the other one. the topic is Violence in Video games. we all play thievery or at least 99.9% of us play it. the question is when you play it and you hit a thief or guard does it make you want to go out and kill somone? or any other game would you want to kill someone after you played a violent video game like GTA Vice city, or a tom clancey game. well i'll i'm trying to say is would you kil someone after playing a violent video game?

Not to mention violent games are there to release stress and the average gamer is Highly intelligent at school and at the workplace.
    I have sex with my hand!

I would have killed someone BEFORE playing videogames....

Comment

Originally posted by HomeSkillet
      the average gamer is Highly intelligent
      I take it you haven't played any multiplayer game played by more then 200 people.

Otherwise: VIDEO GAME VIOLENCE IS BALLOCKS, ITS A BLOODY SCAPEGOAT FOR BAD PARENTING.

If you don't beat into your child's head that braking the law is bad, violence is bad, then it's YOUR fault, not the video game's. If someone can be so motivated as to go out and kill someone, because they killed a computer-generated avatar in a video game, then they need MENTAL help. Oh, and they might as well have killed them because of a movie.

Just because you can use a knife to stab someone doesn't mean you should outlaw knives. Hey, let's outlaw movies, video games, any form of contact sport, any form of competitive sports, as well as violent books. Let's also outlaw anything that could be used to kill someone. After all, without their weapons, murderers aren't much of a problem.

Oh, but they can strangle you with their bare hands! Or, they might beat you to death. We can't have that, can we! In order to completely achieve a non-violent society, the best solution would no doubt be genocide. Kill all the stinking humans. That will ensure world peace.

Comment

OK Kid's! No games for you!!

Comment

I only ever play games to tide me over whilst laying-low between murders.
          I'm cool!

Comment

I dunno guys, some games can make me pretty angry because they're so frustratingly difficult. Like tetris.

Comment

Yeah some games make me frustrated, but only angry enough to make me go and snap a pencil or something. I think people who play games can tell what's fantasy and what's not.
              <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

yeah like i said most people who play games are intelligent and know whats going on. except lr.
                I have sex with my hand!

Comment

and know whats going on
                  I would rather remain ignorant.

Comment

yeah like i said most people who play games are intelligent and know whats going on. except lr.
                    Computer games make you more inteligent. At least first person shooter. No kidding. People who play the shooter have to remember places in maps and they learn locations. Its like a real trip through a forest, you need to find a way.
                    And in IQ-tests you need spacial knowledge. And more points in a IQ-test = you are smarter zan zee others.
                    Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                      Computer games make you more inteligent. At least first person shooter. No kidding. People who play the shooter have to remember places in maps and they learn locations. Its like a real trip through a forest, you need to find a way.
                      And in IQ-tests you need spacial knowledge. And more points in a IQ-test = you are smarter zan zee others.
                      Yeah, games make me much smarter. If I didn't play them, I would have never known that the AWP kills when you hit people in the toe with it.

Comment

Games make me feel more intelligent- if I hadn't started playing Thievery I wouldn't have met you idiots. Fixxxer in particular makes me feel like an uber-genius.
                        I'm cool!

Comment

OK, think you can tell the difference between a computer nerd and a serial killer?

Test yourself.

Comment

i guess i am intellegant i got 9/10 right. the thing with that is you can kinda tell just by looking at them.
                            I have sex with my hand!

Comment

i guess i am intellegant i got 9/10 right. the thing with that is you can kinda tell just by looking at them.
                              More likely you're just good at spotting your own kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X