No announcement yet.

Small Lockpicking Game - Do you get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Lockpicking Game - Do you get it?

Wow. I just can't get a handle of this game.

How about you guys?

*DOWNLOAD*
    This is easy! I pick locks in my sleep!
    50.00%
    It's weird but I think I got it...
    0.00%
    I give up. Too complicated.
    0.00%
    Where's teh uninstall?!
    50.00%
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

I think there's an error in it: when I get to the last pin it always goes red no matter how carefully I push it up. Or am I missing something?
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Pretty easy. Turn on lock colors. Push the blue pin up until it's greaan, repeat for all the pins until the whole lock is green.

Not really userfriendly though... And why is there no timer?

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
        I think there's an error in it: when I get to the last pin it always goes red no matter how carefully I push it up. Or am I missing something?
        I think that m,eans you completed the lock... or maybe the last one is just really sensitive.

Comment

Timer... Give me a sec and I'll put it in. And by that red thing you mean the last pin goes red or that it makes a sound and they all go red?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
            Timer... Give me a sec and I'll put it in. And by that red thing you mean the last pin goes red or that it makes a sound and they all go red?
            The fact that they all go red at the end.
            Did you make that program by the way? Pretty nifty, but a bit boring because it's allways the same.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
              It makes a sound then they all go red.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Right. Timer added and now the pins go gray instead of red when the lock opens. (Use the previous link)

I suppose it'd need something to make the pins appear at different positions, too, instead of just different heights, etc. And different difficulties. Stuff, stuff, stuff...

The user-friendliness thing is quite horrible, though, as you said. That's why I made this poll. :roll:

Comment

It's not half bad, I picked it in 6 seconds. It'd be a lot more fun if you control the end of the pick, rather than the head, and pressing the mouse button allows you to rotate the pick. My friend is into locksmithing, so it helps knowing how a lock works and how to pick it in real life.
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

It is fairly striaghtforward. Took me almost 30 seconds to figure it out and pick the lock with the instructions given. Hardest part was figuring out "color" needed to be turned on first.

Did you do this for fun, or is this for Thievery and/or Nightblade?
                    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

where's the poll option for "it's fun!!!"???

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                        Me to... if flashes green, plays a little sound and turns red..... Seems like i push a pixel to high everytime.

Comment

nice one - add some picking sounds to beef it up
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
                            It is fairly striaghtforward. Took me almost 30 seconds to figure it out and pick the lock with the instructions given. Hardest part was figuring out "color" needed to be turned on first.
                            It doesn't. After a few minutes, I can do it with no colour or sound on now....
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Did you make this? Was there a different link before? Because after turning on the sound... I hear none, and what's this crap about rotating the pick?
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X