EXTREMELY PISSED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTREMELY PISSED!

Ok, here I was just looking up source code for a program. I run into a site. A STUPID ADVERTISMENT POP UP! This site adds extra buttons on my internet explorer browser, you know, where back and forward is. Well, i easily removed those buttons in the system registry. I thought everything was all peachy...THen i started up thievery. I started playing and when i pressed F1, internet explorer opened to a web page. EVERY STINKING TIME I PRESS F1 IT OPENS TO THIS STINKING WEB PAGE!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Ok, I need help here. Can I reassign a value to my F1 in the system registry? And if so, where? I am really pissed at this stupid pop up crap. I use the F1 key a lot in thievery and now..... :x :x :x :x :x

help me, thanks.

I'm not sure how to help you, I don't much computer lowgick. But what I can say is that I do feel your pain. I went to this one site and tried to leave it literally kept sending pop-up sites to nowhere. 1 every 3 SECONDS!!!!!! With or without trying to click them off, good thing it was in a library and not a personal comp. But I got it fixed, the guy next to over was, so he says, a hacker and got rid of the program that kept popping up.

But I hear there are some sites that protect you against pop-ups, I think the one I have has something called Ad-zapper, look it up. I can't help you much,sorry. But until you get better advice, try and look up some pop-up shield software.Thats all, have a nice day. :|
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Oh and one more thing, if you have a question or a problem with anything, next time I suggest you go to the Thievery FAQs and Technical Help forums. They answer your questions, I go there and post a thread with my questions whenever I have one. They'll tell you trust me . But, yeah, I think your in the wrong forum to ask this question.

Comment

Hey Hidden Wolfe, people will see your post regardless if you *edit* your previous post. Try editing next time. :wink:

Comment

Simple.... Get a REAL browser.

Comment

hm try searching ur computer with "ad-aware" or "Spybot S&D". Look at ur C:\Windows directory and look for a folder called "Dialer" or "Coder". Look for the name of the company/whatever which owns that website and search ur C:\ dirctory for it. And maybe this programm is listed in ur "Software" (ya know where u can install/uninstall stuff). Btw if u happen to bump into a Site which spams u with pop ups each second, id say immedately close ur internet connection .

(not sure if that helps, but if u catched urself a serious bugger this should find it)
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

Real men wouldn't use MSIE which is fully vulnerable to that kind of st00pid shit.

Comment

hm yeah Mozillas Cookie-/Popup-Blocking stuff saved me some nerves :grin:
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

Whooo! i fixed it but it wasn't because of anything u guys said. thanks anyways! i didn't know there was a technical support area of these forms i never looked. sorry bout that. ok! problem all solved!

oh yeah, i meant to use mozilla omega but i just recently installed win98se on the computer i just finished putting together.

Comment

I am now a happy mozilla user.

pinokiho-"Am I a real MAN now?"

Comment

Originally posted by okih-imus

pinokiho-"Am I a real MAN now?"
                      iam a happy opera user... :grin:
                      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                        Hey Hidden Wolfe, people will see your post regardless if you *edit* your previous post. Try editing next time. :wink:
                        Ok but, I wasn't trying to edit anything. Did I do something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by okih-imus
                          You mean firebird.

Mozilla is a suite that consists out of the following:
                          • A browser
                          • A mail client
                          • An HTML composer
                          • An IRC client

Firebird is a standalone offspring of the browser that comes in the mozilla suite.

I can also recommend it's brother Thunderbird it's a very good mail client. Which again is of course, free and open-source.

If you want more free and open source software, you should try Open Office which is a free Micro$oft office clone. But in my opinion much better. Feel free to look at some screenshots.

Comment

I saw that u use opera. I am trying it out right now. It seems pretty good.

Comment

The free pop-up stoper from www.panicware.com is still IMO the best anti-pop stuff out there, it basically stops everything that isnt authorized by you (you need to press the ctrl key to open more than 1 IE window) so far I only found 1 site that didnt work and it was a not so legit site.
                              Zonealarm Pro also blocks some basic spyware stuff like cokies, a few adverts and something called private header (not sure yet what is that exactly)

Opera is SPYWARE unless you pay for it, anyway I found Mozilla much faster than Opera and much more er... friendly

And get your self an antivirus I installed Windows last weekend on a fresh new HD and it only took a few minutes to get infected, some of those virus eat your bandwidth.
                              Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                              X