Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies

Hello guys. I'm a bit of a Newbie, and I was wondering if there are some questions that I could have answered. First off.
    What is a guild? and how do you join one?
    What is "TCO"?
    Where can you get extra maps?
    How do you host your own server?
    Is there anywhere that I could find some walk throughs for any of the levels?
    Is there anywhere I could get some strategies (feel free to leave some in the thread)? I've already checked www.thieveryut.com
    How do you kill a human guard with just one arrow?
    Where do you get explosive arrows? They aren't in my loadout.

That pretty much covers it. If anyone doesn't feel like answering all of my questions that is fine, you don't have to. I want to find out all that I can, so please leave a message even if it doesn't answer everything.

Thanks alot!

Welcome to thievery, I hope you enjoy your stay

A guild is a collection of players who play together in matches, work as a team, share strategies, and wear a Tag to show their unity. Basically like a clan in other games, except the name is more fitting for the thief universe.

TCO is one of the afforementioned guilds. their website is .

To join a guild, you usually contact the leaders. some guilds prefer that you don't -- they'll come to you. You should check the respective guilds websites for information.

Extra maps are found at www.tears-of-blood.com

You can host your own server by clicking start new multiplayer game in the TUT menu.
    Make sure you have advertise server, and an Admin password. You'll want to look at the server section of this site for more information.

There aren't many published walkthroughs unfortunately, but if you're around at the time you posted your message, then you can find someone in game to run you through them, if you ask nicely.

There aren't many in depth strategy guides. Again, you may want to talk to regular players and leech tips of them.

Human guards cannot be killed with one arrow, unless they are already on low health.

AI guards can be killed when they are completely unalert, by an arrow in the lower back.

Explosive arrows are arrows that are used in Thiefmatch modes, and some special maps. You cannot buy them as a thief in a normal Thief vs Guards game.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy thievery
    Nightwarden,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

A Guild is like a team.... TuF are the best... (hehe ) There are a few in TUT. to name a few.... ToB, .:m, TuF, TcO, TSG.... theres a couple more.

Get maps from the ToB (also a guild) website.... they're DL's are pretty quick.
      http://www.tears-of-blood.com/

For a walk through of any map.... play it for 3 hours alone fining all the hiding places yourself... then put it to practice, thats my advice. Or get in a game and someone may show you.

You cant kill human guards with one shot, but you can kill AI's with one shot. They must be completely unaware of your presense and be shot in the back of the head. Done.

Fire arrows are for guards only.... buy them from the buy menu before you spawn. The thief equivalent is a crack arrow.... its like a gas arrow that doesnt KO you... just messes with your head.

To host your own server, simply start a new multiplayer game from the menu in TUT. Easy. If your a server through a router... then you'll have to advertise your game.... contact your internet provider for that crap.

Stratiges.... pah... well, you'll learn through experience.
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

Information about Thievery,Ghosting and our Guild.
        Our files list.
        Some tutorials for customizing Thievery.

Comment

dont forget www.chainsawdeath.co.uk FixXxer or saws may have something to say about it :grin:
          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Yeah... I didnt make that disgraceful intro....

Look at this one instead; The Unforgiven.

Bettaar!
            -YT

Comment

TCO = a bunch of goons hired by KYO, with the intent of amusing us.

Comment

As everyone knows, I am the master arrow-killer \ Bow-DMer, so I'd like to correct you guys (This is for clever, or the Crackaz difficulty, if they've customized the number slightly).

An AI guard can be instantly killed with an arrow to anywhere in the back - legs, head, doesn't matter as long as it's the back - IF they have not been alerted, or barely alerted. Pulling the bowstring makes noise. If they are behind a wall, they won't hear it. If they are far away, they'll question the sound, but that's a case of "barely alerted" if you shoot immediately thereafter.

Also, an AI guard given sufficient "cooldown" time can again be one-shot killed. This "cooldown" can be spotted by the way they hold their crossbow; if it is at the ready, then they are alert, just relaxed, and you need to give it another minute for a kill, and if they've been relaxed for a minute, fire away.

Human guards cannot be instantly killed in the manner that AI guards can. However, a shot to the back of a human guard does twice the damage that an arrow to the front does.

Comment

Wow, we went a whole six replies before someone figured they could be clever and "define" TCO. :roll:

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it

Comment

pffffttt you guys when you see a newbie you all start VISIT US WE ARE THE BEST GUILD , NEW MAPS HERE , NEWBIE GUIDES HERE... you remind me the owners of the taverns here that when they see someone on the road they start breaking your nerves by telling you COME HERE WE GOT LAMB AND TZATZIKI AND ETC ETC....

Well...you know that FAGs is the best guild and you try to attract them to your guilds...so shadow theif you can go and visit our forums cause we p0wn all other guilds and we...
                      "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
                      "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Eep, played you this afternoon didn't I? You should have told me you were new, I would have gone a little easier on you (and Scoth for that matter :lol: ).

By the way the best guild to be in, is no guild at all . It seems all they do now is boast about how much they suck .

Comment

Originally posted by impulse
                          Eep, played you this afternoon didn't I? You should have told me you were new, I would have gone a little easier on you (and Scoth for that matter :lol: ).

By the way the best guild to be in, is no guild at all . It seems all they do now is boast about how much they suck .
                          STFU NOOB, we suck more then you.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                            Originally posted by impulse

STFU NOOB, we suck more then you.
                            That's the spirit, yet somehow I was expecting you to disprove my theory :wink: .

Comment

Keep the faith.
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X