Thief 3-oh...they better not ruin it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief 3-oh...they better not ruin it

Just wondering if all you feel the same way i do. After Ion Storm messed up DXIW are any of you frightened that they will j4x0r up Thief 3? :cry:
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

They never said they wanted to streamline/dumb down/ simplyfi Thief 3, now did they?

Comment

I really hope they don't. I REALLY want to play it soetime: Thief II is getting boring.....for once...
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
        They never said they wanted to streamline/dumb down/ simplyfi Thief 3, now did they?
        Hmm well I didn't hear them say that about DX2 either. I think that they will screw it up. Console games have to be dumbed down. Unless they focus on making a PC game, then changing it to play well with the Xbox, I think it'll suck.
        <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Thief III is a console game?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!??!
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Yes it will be for Xbox as well as pc... the same as they did for DX2
            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

This thing is developing into a serious curse for gamers. Funny thing is, Microsoft doesnt really need the money it gets from ruining those games :x
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

No, but ripping out hte X-box hard drive and adding a a 20 gigger makes a whole new front for software piracy!

Comment

Oh yeah theres some modifications out, which make it possible to copy a game on the HDD (which can be modified to 120 gig too). When i heard this it was the only time i seriously considered to buy a X-Box :twisted:
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

In this case I dont think its really microsoft telling Ion Storm how they should make the game (as far as I know they are not funding the development so...) Its probably Ion Storm being lazy and not really making sure the game is playable and "confortable" in both systems. Deus EX is probably more mainstream than Thief so they might "consolize" less than they did with Deus EX.
                    If Thief 3 fails (which I hope it doesnt) we can always bug the DEVS of NB to make Thievery 2.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

Besides, why are people pissed at DE2?

Single type of ammo. Not in Thief 3.

Bad inventory. Not in Thief 3. I believe you can still carry your 100 water arrows.

Lame guns. Thief 3 looks like it will have the same weapons as the other thieves.

AI interaction (Characters not angry at you for throwing a chair at them.) Not too many friendly characters in the first thief games... Shouldn't be too much of a problem. (Besides, nobody has yet made a game where throwing a chair at an important character is even possible).

Comment

I agree with Swiss. I'm not too worried about Thief 3. Seems we already know the "bad" news from the videos (bad rag doll physics, enemies too strong, bright blue shadows, ect) so I don't really think anything has changed or any new info is out.
                        "Shivers running down my spine,
                        whos blood? I know its mine.
                        -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

I am only worried about size of the levels

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                            Thief II is getting boring.....for once...
                            BLASPHEMY! HERESY!

Seriously... I still do not find Thief2 boring since there are still quite a few dedicated mappers turning out quality fan missions. Besides, COSAS mission #2 is going to be released soon, YAY!
                            Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who do not laugh

http://bobthemad.8m.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheMad
                              Originally posted by Radamanthus
                              Thief II is getting boring.....for once...
                              BLASPHEMY! HERESY!

Seriously... I still do not find Thief2 boring since there are still quite a few dedicated mappers turning out quality fan missions. Besides, COSAS mission #2 is going to be released soon, YAY!
                              2nd mission!?! By god, the screenies for it look ungodly.

Comment

Working...
                              X