This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-11 survivor

Its a new game... makes me sick you choose between jumping outta window or engulfing yourself in flames... some people just have sick minds.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Be nice if you had a link.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
      Be nice if you had a link.
      Or not...
      TCO – Retired
      Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Oh come on SNAFU where is your sense of adventure.

Comment

Engulfed in flames and out the window, BA.
          TCO – Retired
          Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

I figured as much, as well as I too. Meet ya down on the ground engulfed in flames, *waves to SNAFU* before she hits the ground* Don't think I like this game.

Comment

Wasn't there going to be a UT2k3 mod about that?
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

How about the third horrible option: Escaping the building?

By the by, where do you get that this is a new game? The mod site looks exactly the same as about six months ago. Apparently the development has stopped way back then.
                Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

got no idea just looking at posts from awhile back and saw it.... forgot the link sorry
                  If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

oh oh i got a game for you it's caled the suicide bomber game. you blow up people dressed as a terrorist. something my beloved BA would enjoy, and everyone else with thier sense of adventure.

http://www.egoyk.com/flash.asp?id=54
                    I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Originally posted by HomeSkillet
                      oh oh i got a game for you it's caled the suicide bomber game.
                      I known among my friends for having an extremely sick sense of humour, but even I found that beyond the boundaries of my taste. However, I wouldn't dream of trying to censor anything like that.

Reactions to political elements in games are interesting. We can sneer at anything that doesn't propagate our cherished orthodoxies, while hailing games containing entire levels based on shooting arabs. Political viewpoints and reasons are necessarily simplified.

Murder, other than in the most strict forensic sense, is never soluble. That dark human clot can never melt into a lucid, clear suspension. Our detective fictions tell us otherwise: everything's just meat and cold ballistics. Provide a murderer, a motive and a means, you've solved the crime. Using this method, the solution to the Second World War is as follows: Hitler. The German Economy. Tanks. Thus, for convenience, we reduce the complex events.

The greater part of any murder is the field of theory, fascination and hysteria that it engenders. A black diaspora. Our tireless, sinister enthusiasm. Five murdered Paupers, one anonymous assailant. The reality is dwarfed by the vast theme-park we've built around it.

[final illustration in sequence: Billboard proclaiming "COMING SOON: FROM HELL THE MOVIE"]

"From Hell" (The intelligent book by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell, not the dumb film)
                      In real life, "collateral damage" occurs, whereas in all of the typical "good guys/bad guys" scenarios I've played civilian death is completely censored out, only ascribed to "bad guys", or just one civilian casualty results in mission failure. I don't know if such sanitisation is the only thing that renders warfare acceptable entertainment, but AFAIK no publisher has so far risked a game lacking it.

If war games were actually realistic, there would be a much smaller audience for them. Instead, the good guys are really good, and most battlefields are clean as you enter them. No suicides lying around, no shit, vomit, urine or whimpers, no shell shock. A halcyon fantasy where there's always a means of escape or survival, hands don't shake, everyone respawns and goes home for tea.

On this subject, "Use of Weapons" by Iain M. Banks is the best SF I've ever read, and if it doesn't fuck with your notions of heroism, murder, warfare and espionage, nothing will.

Comment

*poot*
                        "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof
                          ]*poot*
                          So, when are you going to stop bringing up dead threads when you add nothing of value to it?

Comment

this is only the second time.

no more posts in old threads. i promise.

/me sneaks to Level editing forum
                            *poot*
                            "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

*meanwhile, on Dalai's admin access interface*

bulletstopper... *poot*
                              Nightmaster,
                              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X