Post your video-game bugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your video-game bugs...

After all this about spamming and whatnot, feel free to close this thread. Anyway, tell about any funny game bugs you might have come across while playing games. Screenshots would be great, but they aren't needed. I've got tons hilarious bugs to tell about, but i'll just start with this one:

This is what the titanic must look like in BF1942 . This landing boat just sat there upright in the water for a while, then disappeared.

Post away!

[Edit] Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that the game doesn't matter. Post your funny bugs from any game, from tetris to the new DX2 demo.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

I wish that I took a screenshot of the corpse of the gang leader girl in the DX 2 demo, stuck, with her torso INSIDE a wall, her neck bent upwards, and her legs levitating off the ground.

Those ragdoll physics are some of the worst shit I have ever seen. Every single body wants to roll on it's back, through some magical means. If you manage to get a body to land with it's stomach down, half of it twists to be on it's back, the other half remaining on it's stomach. If to drop a body onto a chair, it's legs bend in a bone-breaking position, and will remain in that position no matter what you do to it.

Comment

(for DX2 Demo

i stuffed all crates and barrels in the greasel trainers room (that one with the tv). When there was no room left i tried to "dig" me thru the pile, but i ended up standing on it, with myself clipping through the ceiling. But i had a nice "overall" view on the level from there ^^ .
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

For thievery, an insignificant but funny bug.

Find a server with skelltstonhead with NO people playing. Choose spectate.
        Everytime you rightclick, you will send your rat flying into the air!

This might also work on other maps, I haven't tested it really. Skelltstonhead is fun for this because the celing is so high and most of it is outdoor.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
          For thievery, an insignificant but funny bug.

Find a server with skelltstonhead with NO people playing. Choose spectate.
          Everytime you rightclick, you will send your rat flying into the air!

This might also work on other maps, I haven't tested it really. Skelltstonhead is fun for this because the celing is so high and most of it is outdoor.
          I don't think it matters if there's no people playing, does it?
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
            Jeah it does. Normally, rightclick let's you spectate through others, but when there's noone to spectate, weird things happen.

Comment

I've got one! Well, I never took a screen shot of it

ok, in ff7 for the pc. if you have vincent in your party when aerith dies, his whole body will be screwed up. I mean, his legs will be bent backwards and his arms too. I can't remember about his head but i remember that everyone in the party was fine except vincenr. heh, maybe it was my computer?

Comment

The game "Trespasser" had a ton bugs. I could write 20 posts telling of all the wacky things that happend. The most memorable was when I was walking through some mayan ruins, and a raptor (a dinosaur) was supposed to come around a free-standing wall. Instead, the raptor ran into it. Normally the wall would fall over and the dino would continue after me. But this time, the wall and the raptor went flying up into the sky, spinning like mad. Another great incident was when my friend tried jumping indoors. After a few jumps his head got stuck in the cieling and couldn't get out of the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                  The game "Trespasser" had a ton bugs. I could write 20 posts telling of all the wacky things that happend. The most memorable was when I was walking through some mayan ruins, and a raptor (a dinosaur) was supposed to come around a free-standing wall. Instead, the raptor ran into it. Normally the wall would fall over and the dino would continue after me. But this time, the wall and the raptor went flying up into the sky, spinning like mad. Another great incident was when my friend tried jumping indoors. After a few jumps his head got stuck in the cieling and couldn't get out of the building.
                  I own this game, and second this... I have seen some weeeeird shit go down on 'site B'

Crazy physics.
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                    Jeah it does. Normally, rightclick let's you spectate through others, but when there's noone to spectate, weird things happen.
                    For some reason I remember being able to do it in multiplayer. Actually, I remember playing as a thief and seeing mice falling.

Sure just selecting rat cam from the "v" menu doesn't do it?

Comment

Get Need For Speed 2: Hot pursuit, and download cars that hit 1000 mph in second gear.... then you get some odd things happening. Like having your car fly a thousand feet in the air and crashing down on someone elses car, demolishing it.

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                        I own this game, and second this... I have seen some weeeeird shit go down on 'site B'

Crazy physics.
                        Though you must admit, the game was way ahead of its time.

Comment

All I remeber from Trespasser is that when you looked down, you could see your own boobs.

It really was ahead of it's time!

Laisraen: Whoa!

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                            Originally posted by FixXxeR

Crazy physics.
                            Though you must admit, the game was way ahead of its time.
                            Well, yes... to the point we're you couldnt even run it properly, even if you had the most up to date machine at the time... it would still run sluggish.

The being able to see you own 'bit's thing was a novilty for a while though, I'm just glad you played a woman.
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

If you finished Turok: Dinosaur Hunter with the rocket launcher in hand, Turok would have ran with his right leg bent and twisted backwards in the ending scene.
                              JM

Comment

Working...
                              X