Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please super duper mega awesome TUT players test my map!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please super duper mega awesome TUT players test my map!

Download my fisrt map, DM-Myxomatosis. Play it with 7 bots.

Constructive criticism appreciated!
    "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

I tried it out, and it's not bad for your first map. It's a little too tight, the bots get stuck in the water, and there's some floating flak ammo, but otherwise it's decent. Maybe add some textures, make it bigger, add some detail, and fix those bugs I mentioned, and it'd be pretty good.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
      Maybe add some textures,
      are you saying BP forgot to texture it? :lol:
      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

the floating flak ammo is meant to be like that. i didnt want people becoming invincible with the flak cannon, so i put it in a small, dangerous place (basement water), and i made ammo harder to get than the rest. besides, all you need to do is go up the elevator, and when you arrive at the top floor go straight ahead and you got yourself +10 flak ammo.

im not too pleased with my texturing myself. i liked that texture pack (arena_tex) initially, but i waaaaaay overused it. that one central room does look boring.

more comments PLEASE!
        "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Is this map for UT2K3? because I'll DL it.
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

ooh, thanks for asking. it's an Unreal Tournament map, build 436.

more feedbax!

Comment

Yeah, using more than one texture pack is a good idea...
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Hm i liked its simplicity. Having just one texture in the center cylindric area is alright i think. I really am impressed how u built the stairs and the cylindric shapes together. Thats some cool architecture there.

But i have to agree, the floating ammo is just plain weird. There are also some gaps between the stairs and the floor (nothing THAT bothering, but a little deintersecting could have done it i think) which aint that beatiful. I would suggest to use at least another floor texture in the bottom area, maybe beef up the doorways down there too and make the overall lighting in the center area darker while setting all the lights at the upper walkways to "unlit". And maybe add some windows in the upper walkway which give sight to the surface of some sorta martian planet outside (some red stuff would fit in i think ^^ ), like the whole thing is a tower or so. Just some suggestions....

Really good for a first try id say....
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

all completely understandable comments. no one does the floating ammo thing anymore? isnt that a trademark of all videogames? i feel alienated. i understand that little gap in those 4 staircases is an annoyance... i tried to line up the sides of the stairs with the sides of the cylinders to no avail, rather than deintersecting like you suggested. since that was my first room ever, and since i slowly improved, i have no other noticable errors like that in the map and i intersected and deintersected as much as possible. i, too was displeased with how bright the central room came out... the light comes from the 12 lighted windows on the upper corridor. i lowered volume brightness, which seemed to do NOTHING, but instead i loewred the radius from 64 to 32, which lowered it considerably. the room is still absurdly bright, i understand. i like Arena_Tex alot, in case you hadnt noticed. the green panels line up well with cylindrical rooms, which make up most of my map. the gray concrete is sort of bleak, however.

thanks for the remarks, schleicher! glad to see someone found the architecture unique. i was just sitting with my family watching Bend it Like Beckham, bored out of my mind, thinking of UEd, of course, when the concept of the main room came to my head. the rest (the corner rooms, the waterzone, the lifts, the arched tunnels) came later when i wanted to fill in every empty space with something. the whole map is faintly reminiscent of stupid doodles and scribbles i do in school... i love symmetry.

erm, talked alot there.

Comment

Bored and thinking of Ued? Sounds liek a true mapper to me!

Sorry, i havn't actaully played it yet, but i will as soon as i'm done reading the 2 on 2 competition thread that everyone's talking about.
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

would you guys think it would be a good idea for me to convert this into a CTF map? worth the effort at all?

its a labor of love, dont worry about me. i just want to know if you guys want it.

Comment

Too small....

Comment

wait and see, you bastard.

Comment

That's it, I withdrawl my compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof
                              ]DM-Myxomatosis
                              BLIERX *vomiting*
                              You really dont wanna know that that means in Greek
                              "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
                              "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Working...
                              X