Manhunt (PS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manhunt (PS2)

For all of you out there which own a PS2 i do a call to buy this game.

I came to it by first reading of it in a magazine to be a "very violent stealth action game". And although the many forums i read to gain information about it only mentioned how "cool" and "gross" the violence would be, along with pointing out some "very gory stuff" (which mostly wasnt true i found lout later) and only included very little information of the stealthy parts i decided to buy it. After all it was from Rockstar...and i was eager for the splatter too, i confess ops: :grin: .

But then i found it to be a pleasently challenging, tense, superb Stealth game with lotsa similarities to Thief (or TUT :grin: ). Well in Manhunt ure a convict who is forced to survive against packs of "Hunters" in a run-down city and not a Thief outwitting guards to get hold of loot, but lots of the elements from TUT are there. You got the "becoming invisible by hiding in shadows", you need to observe the Hunters routes and think twice before making a move. And like in TUT, you dont stand a chance in an open fight...you can take on one single enemy, but that leaves you almost dead mostly, and if you got more than one on your back and cant get rid of em by hiding, youre gone. The best way to dispose of an enemy is to observe him, find a good spot for a set-up and jump on him in a good moment. Well but instead of making "klonk" on their heads with the Blackjack (although theres one in the game - but differently used ) u perform a rather graphical execution. Later there are guns in the game but that forces to even plan more, because the possibility to kill quietly is gone.

All i can say is buy that shit! Its violent, but unlike the boring SOF2 it has very good gameplay which wouldnt need to rely on the violence.
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

omg strangle them with a plastic bag!!!!
    I have sex with my hand!

Comment

i prefer the baseballbat
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

booooo
        I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Working...
        X