I need help with a guild name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a guild name...

I'm trying to think of a good thiefy name for a guild in this game Gunbound.(check it out)But I'm having trouble,since it can only be 8 characters including spaces.If any of you can put on your taffer caps and help me come up with a good name, I would really appreciate it.

Why don't we make a Thievery guild?

It's been a little time since I played Gunbound, but it's pretty fun. It's very much like Worms.

Comment

I watch a film called 'Ronin' last night.... its a cool film. They talk about this Samuari who was betrayed or something... and 'Ronin' means 'the masterless samuari'

So... my suggestion; Ronin
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

I can't really give a full translation, but I allways thought that a ronin was a person with 'unfinished business'. I've seen it used in anime on a couple of occasions, and 'masterless samurai' would be wayyy out of context.

Comment

Actually Ronin means a samurai without a lord to work for. Probably because his master died in a war and now he can do whatever he wants. At least thats the legal way. Other than that he either quit the job as a soldier or law enforcer or killed his own master but either way he would be on the run if that happened. Another good movie to watch that has tons of Japanese culture is Shogun is a 20 something hour long movie (or considered a mini-series) with sword fights, political exceptance, ninjas (only a little but still good) and, of course, love.

Let me get back to you with a name Grey Fox, I'll think of something.
          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I think RONIN is the female form and RONAN is the male one... but I don't know exactly..

Comment

"Ronin" means wandering or masterless warrior/samurai. That is, an individual who has renounced his clan, or been thrown out. It can also apply if the rest of the clan have been exterminated. So, you see, Ronin would be a very ironic name for a clan.

The plot of the film Ronin revolves around a band of mercenaries hired for a certain task. The story of the 47 Ronin serves as a subtext. The full story can be a found here. A brief, and slightly embroidered version usually goes that their master was killed, they avenged him, then killed themselves because they had no master and hence, with noone to obey, saw their own lives as meaningless.

In the film, questions of competence, rivalry and betrayal emerge and have their effects on the group, by the end leading one of the mercenaries to question why they do what they do at all.

It has car chases and fights too. It's not a brilliant film, but as action thrillers go it's a slightly existential one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
                Another good movie to watch that has tons of Japanese culture is Shogun is a 20 something hour long movie (or considered a mini-series) with sword fights, political exceptance, ninjas (only a little but still good) and, of course, love.
                Richard Chamberlain
                AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Len Ali - Indian, God with a lion's hart.
                  Shylah - Celtic, Loyal to god / strong
                  Bernice - Greek, Bringer of victory
                  Neonicia - Greek, New victorious army
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Yup, Namchir and Beowulf, you got it!!
                    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

RIGHT!

Thanks for that guys... well, since 'Ronin' got such a good response.... Grey Fox, you have a suggested clan name.
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Ummm... Fixxy? Read Nachmir's post.
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Well, I do have a Rohan here...

Comment

Quomodocunquize: To make money in any way possible.

How about "The quomodocunquizers"

ARF.

Comment

I play gunbound occasionally.... I use the name Jarvis. add me to your buddy list, I'll join your guild. I play a pretty mean grubb.

Keepers

Haunts (that was my old TUT guild, but I'd let you use it if you let me in it)

Taffers

Pagans

Hammers

Comment

Working...
                              X