Current games....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current games....

What games of the current crop do you like? Have you found any that are particularly enjoyable, like Thief? Is Splinter Cell very fun? I've heard that playing through the different missions sealthily, then using run-and-gun is fun. And it's supposed to be like Thief. And has anyone played the FPS chaser?
    GLORY TO THE MANY!

Splinter cell .... It's a bit like Metal Gear Solid, which is still in the top 3 best games ever ( my personal list ) . I saw it and played it a bit ... but splinter cell won't run on my system

Prince of Persia, saw it and played it aswell. Lovely game but after a while it's getting a bit boring. The things I saw contained of: Using the map to get somewhere ( jump, run on wall, climb, hang, etc ) and then the fighting. I dunno ... i like it but it aint super in my opinion.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

cool. I'll prob get Splinter Cell sometime. I've been played the Unreal 2 multiplayer demo, and it's pretty nice.
      GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

It seems like the problem with a lot of First Person Shooters, like Call of Duty, is that the developers spend around 2 years working on graphics and AI and all the important single player issues, but then the game only lasts 8-10 hours, and the maps are linear. I'm surprised that no one else has tried to go where Deus Ex and DX2 have gone, namely, non-linearity. :|
        GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Splinter Cell, while linear is stylish and cool.... And you can do 's

Comment

lol, didn't know u could do that, so thief 3 better have marios now! recently i've been playing Freelancer and SystemShock 2 (just picked it up after a year of not playing it, why did i even quit? great atmostphere and scary as mess)
            This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
              lol, didn't know u could do that, so thief 3 better have marios now! recently i've been playing Freelancer and SystemShock 2 (just picked it up after a year of not playing it, why did i even quit? great atmostphere and scary as mess)
              system shock 2...hmm... never played it ...heard it was really cool..
              GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Splinter Cell: more of a cool lighting effects engine than a game IMO. Either figure out how you're supposed to do things, or get shot. Then hide in shadows that aren't really there.

Freelancer:
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

lol, yeah FixXxer got me addicted to Freelancer
                  This is my cool sig.

Comment

Yea SplinterCell is a really great game imho. I enjoyed every second of it

Savage is another great game if you like RTS,Thirdperson,FPS shooter massive multiplayer games . Game has it all really. Your commander gets an RTS view of the game and gets resources,builds stuff,researchs weapons/new player units and tries to lead your team to victory. While you go off trying to capture spawn points,attack the enemy,attack the enemys base,Help build stuff and gather resources. At the same time there is a leveling system where you get better armor,stronger melee weapon or laboring skills as you build or fight

Did I mention that when fighting Melee you get a 3rd person view and when fighting with a weapon that has range(ie fires somthing) you get FirstPerson view?

Also the game sports big open terrian to fight on with great graphics(grass,lens flares,moving cloud shadows and a day/night cycle).

And of course the best part is the game allows for full on 32vs32 people. So you get big 64 player games going(Most servers are 16vs16 though). And man there is nothing like rushing into battle with 31 people behind you to attack another 31 people head on with a sword!

Oh and I picked it up on sale for $14.99 cdn! (And lots of people stilll play the demo of this game so I suggest checking it out )

When you see on of these.......RUN!
                    Image2
                    Image3
                    ZT

Comment

Yeah, Savage is very cool. It was a bit system intensive though and I lagged in the middle of the Green map...with all the trees.

I did OK on Crossroads map.

Unreal II XMP demo is awesome.
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

We just got Deus Ex 2.... awesome... comes highly recommended.

I second the Splinter Cell opinion... its stylish and cool.

We also just got Tron 2.0... its actually pretty fun whacking a baddie thats called 'syss.dll' in the face.
                        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                          Yeah, Savage is very cool. It was a bit system intensive though and I lagged in the middle of the Green map...with all the trees.

I did OK on Crossroads map.

Unreal II XMP demo is awesome.
                          Why just play the demo when the whole version is available on warez sites now?

Comment

Why bother warezing somthing that is only $14 bucks cdn? It's like warez SeriousSam. What's the point?. Iam all for warezing games that cost stupid amounts of money but Savage?
                            ZT

Comment

Here're my top picks right now:

1. Splinter Cell - Cool and fun, but only the first time through, since the missions are VERY linear. It can't really hold up to MGS1 and 2 though, since those games have so much more things to see and do. Sorry Gullonefox.

2. Metal Gear Solid 1 + 2 - Very fun mix of stealth and action. Very original, anime-ish storyline. TONS and TONS of extras in Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. I've played through it about 4 or 5 times and still not tired of it. Probobly won't understand the second one's story unless you play the first one though.

3. PoP: Sands of Time - Cool acrobatic puzzles, but repetitive combat. Good graphics.

4. Deus Ex 2 - Gameplay that molds to your playstyle like the first one. Good graphics on highest detail settings. 4 or 5 endings I think.

5. Star Wars: KotOR - Great story, fun combat (if you like D20 rules anyway), all quests can be done in a good or evil way. Lots of side quests. Great graphics.
                              (AKA Dresden)
                              Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X