My Christmas gift to the community q^-^p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christmas gift to the community q^-^p

Santa brought you an update for TH-Cult. Thanks to Big_D´s mad pathnoding skillz, the map has now Bots. I gave Brody and Darkproject the news, so hopefully the new versions should be available for dl on their sites soon.

The map could now even already played online i think (ya know it got bots, loot and such....its missing objectives but its the taffing were into it for, eh ^^). So if any Server admins are up for some "real" betatesting, lemme know :grin:
    Its good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    It blows
    0%
    You should be shot for making this pile of crap
    0%
    I didnt test it, but i hate you anyway
    0%
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

i got the link for ya but u said u want it to be private or something so i'll give it to you and u tell me if u want me to make it public on the site
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Argh a terrible misunderstanding caused by my miserable english ops:

Sent a PM back
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

anyway go get it here: www.tears-of-blood.com
        i'd put the direct link but i'm too lazy to type it out
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

ohhh cool...
          I'll test it tomorrow hopefully!

l8er dudes
          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

ok good this has been sorted out....

PS : i made a poll :grin:
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

The Frames are killing me :? .
              If it wasn't for the terrible framerate, I'd say it has some of the most original Ideas in a map I've seen. Intense vertical catburglar action
              Nightwarden,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

As I said, good job.
                Deftones

Comment

omg, that poll owns. I haven't tried the map yet but i'll get right on it when I have the time.
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Looks good ,keep it going.

PS:Link:http://www.tears-of-blood.com/downloads/maps/cult.zip

Comment

Oops seems the mapfile misses the TH- prefix. Just change the name to "TH-Cult" and it should be fine.

PS : maybe ill be able to post some screenshots here soon to animate you lazy folks to test the map :grin:
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

A texture pack or something is missing!
                        (note I have a fresh UT436only [i.e. no bonus packs] +TUT1.4 install atm)
                        screens look sweet, though!
                        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

i added the missing texture pack and change filename to "TH-Cult"
                          new link here: http://www.tears-of-blood.com/downlo...ps/TH-Cult.zip

Comment

It's been a while since the last time I played this map. When I last tested this map, there was only a church without too much stuff. It was a nice surprise to see some outside city arround the main church. I really liked the feeling you created in this map. Somehow it really seems all attached to eachother and couldn't be there without the other. I'll just make a small list with nice stuff and bad stuff I encountered.

First the less positive things ops:
                            • - The one thing that really makes me not touch any tut map again ... is to have UT monsters in the map. Specially not creatures that can't be killed.
                              - The skybox looks really like a square, atleast on my computer. I think you made the skybox square too small. Try to fix that somehow
                              - A lot of the decorations are not solid , so you can walk through it as if you're a ghost.
                              - Some of the doors are very difficult to open due the sheets that are used. Like the door above the church with the nice blue glass. Light and bolts can go through it, but you really have to aim at a solid part of the door to open it. This can give problems and is anoying to me.
                              - The Scroll on the main gate is VERY hard to frob, it took me a while to finaly frob it.
                              - The FPS almost killed me before I could even set one step.
                              - Some rooms and things are still a bit too empty. Like the tower chambers.
                            Now the good, positive things :grin:
                            • - I like the little details and design.
                              - Nice ideas are implanted, for example the broken chest with whistlers and mines.
                              - The map has a nice story to back itself up ... it's always a nice thing to have scrolls with personal views and stories from people that "live" in the map.
                              - You did a good job with ued, not to have the regular square-ish look. Nice curved windows for example.
                              - It's a nice map .. but I don't think it's well suited for multiplayer. It's a wonderfull map to play offline though ... it actually made me collect loot and objects.
                            Conclusion: It's a great map that people should play atleast once just to see all the nice things that this map is rich off.

PS: A funny thing happened to me while playing this map. I vined my way up to the crane on the roof and saw an AI there. As a reaction I flashed him and wanted to run away but just in time I saw the AI run to the edge and actually fell off the roof. I went to the egde just to see him fall on the ground and die near a group of 3 other guards. That moment was priceless.
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                              PS: A funny thing happened to me while playing this map. I vined my way up to the crane on the roof and saw an AI there. As a reaction I flashed him and wanted to run away but just in time I saw the AI run to the edge and actually fell off the roof. I went to the egde just to see him fall on the ground and die near a group of 3 other guards. That moment was priceless.
                              If you're really lucky, one of those guys may just jump off on his own, likely because I did something wrong with the paths.... It's only happened twice for me, and I've played it quite a few times...
                              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X