Where are you spending the Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you spending the Christmas?

Yeh, figured I'd make a thread about this, would be cool to see where you taffers are spending the next week.

Me, I'm going to the mountains, to a big luxurious cabin the 2.nd Christmas day. It is rented through the work of my friends father, and I think it costed like $570.000 to build. Damn, it's got an in-door swimming pool, sauna, lots of rooms - and is placed right next to a ski center.

So, what are you guys doing? Spending your time home with family, out with friends, online or some other place?

Since this is *MY* thread; Please - no off-topic comments or lousy jokes. Thank you.

*Insert lousy joke*

Comment

Why do I even bother...

Comment

Since I was gone for a week around Thanksgiving, I shall be at home, it will be a quiet one, and that's ok.

Comment

I'm gonna help Santa deliver his presents to the little boys and girls.
          (Didn't know I was an elf, did you? If you gimme something, I'll put a good word in for you to Santa.)

Comment

Wow, that's a good deal... Here. Have one of these.

<DeepQantas> Thanks. Here: "This quote entitles you to one magical night."
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I'll be in the resturaunt, where I work.... wishing I was 1000 miles away. After that though... I'll go home and get royally pissed! :twisted:
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Home. As always. And I don't mind one bit.
                "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Here. Might rent a hotel in NY with a few friends next to Holiday Valley ski resort... we'll bring my friend and his fake ID....

:twisted:
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

My new home. Christmas is usually quite stressful for me, because I've been piss poor for the last three years or so. This one's looking like the best yet, because now I'm living with people in vaguely similar situations, we're going to have a large non-traditional meal, but no presents. We're fed up of the ritual of it all, and I meet a few more people each year who feel that way. I'm only giving presents to and getting them from close family and friends, which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                      Here. Might rent a hotel in NY with a few friends next to Holiday Valley ski resort... we'll bring my friend and his fake ID....

:twisted:
                      Oh thats naughty, tsk tsk :roll: .

Me on the other hand will be drinking legally at my gf's house with family and friends. I love the summer christmas' we have here in aus .

Comment

I'll be migrating to Columbus, Ohio for about a week....I understand they have a sniper that is lurking around the outerbelt. I will also watch "Return of the King" while there. We go downtown to a theatre in an area called the Arena District. They have very comfortable seats and serve drinks and sushi.
                        formerly littlek

Comment

I think me and Chalrif will just hook up the lan and party!!!
                          The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                            My new home. Christmas is usually quite stressful for me, because I've been piss poor for the last three years or so. This one's looking like the best yet, because now I'm living with people in vaguely similar situations, we're going to have a large non-traditional meal, but no presents. We're fed up of the ritual of it all, and I meet a few more people each year who feel that way. I'm only giving presents to and getting them from close family and friends, which is nice.
                            If you look at it like a ritual, and for all practical purposes, it is. But, the true meaning of Santa Clause is about giving. I love to *give* presents to my closet friends, and family members. It is sometimes better to give than to receive.
                            When you get older, and start making more money, that outlook will probably change. It's hard to give gifts on a limited budget, of course.

I gave my mom and step dad a $100.00 gift card to a local store where they live, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, to see the look on their face. :grin:

Comment

Yeah, it's good for people to give, but only meaningfully and within their means; that's what we're doing

Comment

Working...
                              X