Merry Christmas, Timmy's comeback has been canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas, Timmy's comeback has been canceled

Hello everybody merry christmas! i am posting this in sadness as i will never be coming back full time again. About two months ago i moved my computer out to my new room in the garage. I didn't have the internet out there so i had to get it connected through a network. I finally got the network working, but since its a wireless connection, its very weak (my garage is 50 feet from my house), infact so week, that i don't think it can transfer the net connection. I was hoping that as soon as i got my wireless network working, i would also be returning to thievery, but this is not the case. Therefore, i will be able to play once in a while on this computer, but i will most likley never be able to play like i once did :cry:. I apoligize to my clan for my absense, i will try to get on when my dads not using the comp. I do have one hope however, my dad is seriously thinking about getting highspeed internet, in which i might be able to find a way to get that to work on my outside computer, but until then, i am dead in the water. If anyone has any ideas about improving a weak wireless connection, please feel free to post, i am very disheartened about the thought of abandoning my ever growing thievery reputation, but the inevetible seems clear at this point, i will not be returning to regular play.

Of course, i do have hope that in a few years, when i start going to college, and get my own dorm, i may start again, that would be appx 20 months from now. I wish all of you the happiest of christmases, and please continue to have a blast like i know we all once did! thank you

Thief13x aka Timmy
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Originally posted by Thief13x
    Of course, i do have hope that in a few years, when i start going to college, and get my own dorm, i may start again, that would be appx 20 months from now. I wish all of you the happiest of christmases, and please continue to have a blast like i know we all once did! thank you
    ditto!

but darn that's sure seems like a long time away sorry i can't help with the wireless connection problem
    This is my cool sig.

Comment

Get a 50feet lan cable instead?..... :roll:

Comment

hmm yeah either MB's post, or you can try a wireless booster. I hear they work well.
        <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

What do you mean firetiger? Like one of those cell phone boosters (a.k.a. stickers :roll?
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

They're not just stickers...they have tiny pieces of metal in them, too! :?
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

The cell phone stickers? They've been proven to do absolutely nothing.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

If you have Cable TV in the house you could have a cable cord run from the box and connect to the garage. Do a little research about Cable internet services and see if you can get some one to intstall the routing cable to your comp. I you don't get somebody to do it, just do a little research and have some help and do it youself, its pretty easy. I helped put in my Cable modem. Just make sure you bury the cord about 3-5 inches the in ground with a shovel from point A to to point B.

Although, I DO suggest to your dad if could just get somebody to do it for you.
                "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Your are missed Timmy....

Wish you well.
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Working...
                  X