Winamp 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp 5

It is released, Winamp 5 full (and yesterday, Winamp 5.01 was released)

IT IS TEH PERFECT

skins, interface, visualisations, stability ....
    (it is able to play real media files in it, cool opacity change on hover ...)

(also lotsa pr0n on winamp inet TV )

www.winamp.com

Lmao. "Winamp 5, so good we skipped a number!"

I'm downloading. Thanks, man!
    JM

Comment

Winamp 5 froze quite often if i skipped a track... is that fix0red?...

Comment

Uhh... Just a quick question.

Does it play music?
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
          Uhh... Just a quick question.

Does it play music?
          That depends on your defenition of the word music.

Comment

haha
            No ones here to save you,
            Jesus Christ is in heaven now.

-Hellsing

Comment

Got the pro version a while ago.

The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

It works just fine for me, MB.

What skins do you guys use, if any? Right now, I'm using this one. I keep wanting to click on it for gold and experience. :grin:

This one is also a favorite.
                (AKA Dresden)
                Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

<--- happy winamp user... it works great and my skin pwned ya all....
                  much better then media player...
                  "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I'm still using Winamp 2.8x. I tried Winamp3 and was like, "meh." Unimpressed. I checked out Winamp5, and it just looks really bloated and overgrown. All I want is a simple music player.

My roommate just installed Winamp5. We both especially like how Shoutcast is built-in. One of my gripes about Winamp2 is when you go to shoutcast.com and click a radio station, it totally clears out your playlist. Instead, I have to RMC, copy URL, and paste it into Winamp2. Shockingly, when you click a radio station in Winamp5, it still cleans out the playlist!!! OMG is that retarded! It's built in, for cryin out loud!!

My opinion: too bloated. It's an inevitable move, though. The Winamp team needs to keep working and make a profit, so they keep beefing up an already perfect piece of software.
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

You gotta enqueue files. Can be set to do it in the preferences.

Also, you can use normal winamp 2.xx skins in Winamp 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                        I'm still using Winamp 2.8x. I tried Winamp3 and was like, "meh." Unimpressed. I checked out Winamp5, and it just looks really bloated and overgrown. All I want is a simple music player.

My roommate just installed Winamp5. We both especially like how Shoutcast is built-in. One of my gripes about Winamp2 is when you go to shoutcast.com and click a radio station, it totally clears out your playlist. Instead, I have to RMC, copy URL, and paste it into Winamp2. Shockingly, when you click a radio station in Winamp5, it still cleans out the playlist!!! OMG is that retarded! It's built in, for cryin out loud!!

My opinion: too bloated. It's an inevitable move, though. The Winamp team needs to keep working and make a profit, so they keep beefing up an already perfect piece of software.
                        Winamp 5 is based on winamp 2.x not 3, So you caan set skin to look 100% like 2.x version. Also all 2.x features are working. So Winamp 5 is like 2.x with new features

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
                          (also lotsa pr0n on winamp inet TV )
                          Ok Winamp is now the best program EVER.
                          (AKA Dresden)
                          Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

I agree with Buho. I tried winamp3 a while back also but i didn't like it. winamp2 is the best imo.

Comment

Yeah, Winamp3 sucked. But 5 is, in my opinion, the best one yet...
                              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X