Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future is here, Are you ready for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future is here, Are you ready for it?

http://www.irobotnow.com/

All I can say is "I. WANT. ONE. NOW!"

They claim some pretty amazing stuff tho'.
    It cooks, cleans, walks the dog..

First off cooking: i mean, are we talking stirring a can of spahgetti or actually gettin the pot out of the cupboard, turning on the stove, opening the spahgetti can, and pouring it in? And how about complex things like pancakes and eggs where site and smell determines when they are ready to be flipped, this Im very Curious about. Lets see it break an egg without getting shells in the pan.

Cleaning is another great, is it gonna dust my TV or just walk around spraying lysol?

And walking my dog!? scaring kids all around town, how does it know that your dog wants to sniff one area, and that it shouldn't crap on your neighbors lawn?!

Some of these feats are just so intuitive. Guess we have to wait to July 16th (i hope that means 2004). What do you estimate the cost would be for something like this?! I'd have to say consumer released purchase would have to run in the $12,000-$16,000 range.

(although I think this is just a movie gimmick for the new "I,Robot" movie, I wonder if i can get one of these on ebay.)
    OMG, I want 2!
    0%
    I'm skeptical, but interested in learning more!
    0%
    Evil robot movies scared me too much to get one
    0%
    Technology is the Devil, No robots for me ever!
    0%
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

I don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil
      although I think this is just a movie gimmick for the new "I,Robot"
      No shit, eh? It's loaded with Asimov references, there's no footage, and it would be decades ahead of anything so far revealed by military contractors of commercial developers.

Comment

How about a simply no in the poll, instead of the crap options that are in now?
        I say no because :

- I hate it that people are getting more and more depended on automatic stuff.
        - It's useless and will take away jobs from people, which leads into a lot of workless folks.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Phae, based on that response, I think the "Technology is the Devil, No robots for me ever!" answer suits your opinion quite nicely...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Awesome.... I love technology and all its glory. All hail progress!
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
              Phae, based on that response, I think the "Technology is the Devil, No robots for me ever!" answer suits your opinion quite nicely...
              No, it doesn't. Besides that option is writen as if you would get the deathpenalty if you even dare to vote for it. This poll aint objective
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                How about a simply no in the poll, instead of the crap options that are in now?
                I say no because :

- I hate it that people are getting more and more depended on automatic stuff.
                - It's useless and will take away jobs from people, which leads into a lot of workless folks.
                Well, we can go back to the stone age, then. When it took two people to feed three. Lots of job opportunities there.

Comment

I voted for horror movies.

It's all ballocks. 2004, pfft.

Comment

I could say that site was designed by the BOFH. Lots of flashy lights to mesmorise idiots, and of course, a lot of flashy words, such as "intelligent".

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                      Originally posted by BiG_D
                      No, it doesn't. Besides that option is writen as if you would get the deathpenalty if you even dare to vote for it. This poll aint objective
                      hmm no.. that option sums up your response perfectly, plus it was more a line from "The waterboy", but to simplify it for you,

1st Choice = Hell Yes
                      2nd Choice = Yes Probably
                      3rd Choice = Probably not, iffy
                      4th Choice = No, NO, HELL NO
                      http://publictut.webhop.net/
                      Community Server for ALL to use for
                      hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
                      and more!

Comment

In my opinion that option does not represent my opinion

ps: Swiss, what the hell are you doing? There is an edit button you know, making 3 posts in one thread is like saying one line with 6 posts, one word per post.

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

can anyone say Metropolis ?
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

It is not real for sure

Comment

Ohhh like all things Techie, wait for the price to drop. ;-P

Comment

Working...
                              X