Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings III : Sarumans dissapearing

This may contain Spoilers

Okeh, i saw it too some days ago...the Mordor armies were badass ownage like usual and the visuals made my eyes ejaculate....but something bugged me a bit...

Wheres Saruman? I mean, he was the main vile of the second part. The battle of urm....Helms Deep (stupid english names :twisted: ) took place because of him.....Merry and Pippin were captured because of him....and the only mentioning of him in part three was that Tree guy saying "the wizard locked in the tower" or something like that. Even if you dont know the books you have to get some sort of "WTF?"-Feeling. The whole part where Gandalf talks to him and tries to convince him to join forces or at least to surrender which ends with that other guy trying to throw the Palantir at him and Gandalf breaking Sarumans staff and offically taking the position of the "white" wizard is cut out. Instead they just find the thing laying around like a random piece of garbage. The scene is gonna be in the extended DVD, i know, but hey....(not to mention the books, where Saruman plays a further role in some battle in the hobbits homeland )

I wouldnt go that far to join that petition wich some fanboys made....but rethinking the film i only can say that specific scene missing leaves some sort of plothole...
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Meh, dont care...

Like all the fuss about the Matrix films, each and every one, all the LOTR movies, extended versions etc, left me amazed, at some points breathtaking and just too cool. Great films, they all have their nit picky faults, but so do you, and so do I, I enjoied them for what they were, and I think it spoils it a little looking back on them picking holes in them.
    ~TuF~

Comment

Have you been living in a cave? There were alot of people complaining about this. The actor himself even din't come to the premiere because of it. Anyhow ... he'll come back in the extended edition
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

the matrix end was so full of crap and LOTR III is my favorite but the ending was boring too...
        aren't we all waiting for the new Harry Potter! :wink:
        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I thought that other guy... serpent tongue, I believe, cutted Saruman's throat when he saw what happened outside the tower.
          JM

Comment

I think you spent to much time thinking about the film rather than enjoying it... just let a few things go... all films work this way... your expected to link or or forget a few things.
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
              ... just let a few things go... all films work this way...
              Likethe first LOTR., they left out Tom Bombadil. It really didn't change the movie experience though.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Everything should be exactly correct, or it SHOULD BE DESTROYED!

Comment

Woah, man, calm down. I think they did a pretty good job at whatthey could. DOn't forget that without those scenes it was nearly a 4 hour movie. It just wouldn't end wiht the entire book being copied over. Not to mention that that's taking copyright laws a little too loosely.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

DESTROYED!

Comment

Originally posted by !MegaDude!
                      DESTROYED!
                      That is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                        Likethe first LOTR., they left out Tom Bombadil. It really didn't change the movie experience though.
                        Personally, I was actually really, really glad they left him out. I would have liked to have seen Murkwood, but I found Tom Bombadil more annoying than Morris Dancers when I read the books.

Comment

i like the 3rd lotr but i think they could have cut the ending by 30 min at least.
                          I have sex with my hand!

Comment

I didn't get to see hte end w/ my gf, because of a stupid curfew. I had to leave when Gandalf is making his "time to die" speech. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                              I didn't get to see hte end w/ my gf, because of a stupid curfew. I had to leave when Gandalf is making his "time to die" speech. :cry:
                              CERFEW! dammit, where do you live! CHINA?!
                              ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                              X