I shall be returning soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shall be returning soon!

Yes that is right! i posted about a month ago on how i might not be returning again, but now it is certain! My dad is getting dsl on february 5th, when our dialup service is up, and from there i will hopefully be able to get my computer networked.

Now, i'm not real educated on how dsl works. My room is seperate from my house, its in the upstairs of my garage which is about 80 ft from my house. When my dad gets dsl, he will most certainly have the hub, or whatever inside. Right now i have my computer networked wirelessly, but since my house is stone, i only get a 20% yellow/red signal, and only transfers @ 6-11 mbps. Now, ive tried to get it to connect to the internet through the network, but it doesn't work for some reason. I used to have a network cable run underground, but a mouse or somthing chewed through it, and forced me to go wireless. So my final question: is there someway for the dsl to have a second hub out in my room? if not, how will i get it to work? any comments are welcome, i really can't wait to get back to playing thievery!!!!!!!! i miss you crazy sobs!

Timmy
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

My PC is connected via a 30 ft cable and I get no signal loss. Dunno about 80 ft though, that's kinda long.

Comment

yeah there will be loss but i think it's still possible!
      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

If you connect it with decent networking cable, there should be no loss.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

I want adsl too :cry: but its still too expensive here :roll:
          "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
          "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Originally posted by Tisfulakistakagela
            I want adsl too :cry: but its still too expensive here :roll:
            <--- same here...
            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I use a 50 foot network cable and have no problems.

It'll probably cost you around $50 for a decent 100 foot cable, although you might need more depending on where your computer is and where the hub is in the house.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

well, i would kinda like to keep my network wireless. Or are you guys reffering to a cable connecting the dsl hub to my computer? either way, i would like to have my outside computer connect to the internet by somthing besides just a network.
                "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

If you have a phone line out there, you could get another modem and use that, but you'd better make sure you're allowed to do that with the ISP since you'll be using the same login twice.

Comment

nah not wireless lan I think this technologie isnt really finished at the moment!!

Comment

Of course it is. But the distance may be too far for Timmys wireless network to work.
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                        nah not wireless lan I think this technologie isnt really finished at the moment!!
                        Nonsense. My 54mbps wireless network works perfectly, with an operating range of 250'/150' for best performance. You just have to make sure you get an IEE802.11g wireless network rather than a or b (which have a top speed of 11mbps anyway).
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

10/100 Cat5 cable can be 175meters before it needs a repeater, I'll let you do the conversion from meters to feet.
                          ~TuF~

Comment

That's somewhere around 600 feet.

Comment

I've got an 800 ft. long 10mbps Cat5e cable somewheres... no singal loos at all, but it's annoying having to roll it out of hte plywoob spool.
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X