• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on air...

hi online Thievery Friends,

there it is back. fixed and changed.

www.brodys.homeip.net

Serverinfos, Guestbook, Forum

it was needful to change url and some sites because now that i run two servers the url "brodyschallenge.homeip.net" made no longer sense.

let me announce here that coming from februar you will get two more servers by brody. i am still looking for servernames.
    make ur suggestions about on my forum.

cu online
    brody
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
    Vietcong Customs Center

DM server 1
    DM server 2

Yeah, those sound good to me... :roll:

I mean, I know I DM sometimes, but it seems that almost every game I've played online since my recent return has been DMed by thieves. It kinda make sme sad to see that so many people have lost the skill to win a map by objectives...
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
      It kinda make sme sad to see that so many people have lost the skill to win a map by objectives...
      It kinda makes me happy to see that so many people have won the skill to guard well enough as to make that happen... :wink:
      AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
      Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
      Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Good counterpoint, Beo. The world may never know which is the case....
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

1.Sandmans Challenge
          2. Sandmans Revenge :grin:

Brody are you going to do night-blade servers when its out?
          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Brody....

Originally posted by Brodys Forum
            Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 100 pixels, the height no greater than 100 pixels, and the file size no more than 4 KB.
            Increase the avatar size to 20 or 30KB, 4 is just to small for anything...
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
              DM server 1
              DM server 2

Yeah, those sound good to me... :roll:

I mean, I know I DM sometimes, but it seems that almost every game I've played online since my recent return has been DMed by thieves. It kinda make sme sad to see that so many people have lost the skill to win a map by objectives...
              Just an interesting point, but has anyone else noticed that the DMers do not run around screaming that the rest of you don't have the skill to DM?

DMing is a tool. I use it when it's most effective. Maybe YOU should adapt your strategies to counter it. I'm not restricting your gameplay (I shut up about firespam.)

Comment

Doesn't Brody have a no DM rule for his servers? Isn't that why there's no frob wakeup?
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

At the risk of entering a DM debate, I have to say I agree with Swiss Merc.

I'd also like to say something slightly different.

Ghosters are put into skill levels. You have guys that are "Good" ghoster, and guys that ghost, and semi-ghosters...

But DMers are just...DMers. Its like theres nothing to it...like anyone can do it with just as much ease as the next guy.
                  Thats just how these discussion come accross to me...

But I believe there is just as much skill involved with being a DMer (I preffer "Assassin") as there is to being a ghoster, OR a semi-ghoster, or just being plain good at all.

Ill admit, there are situations where DMing is a LOT easier to do than getting objs.

I played a game earlier with SwordMaster on Folly. He got the ruby (it was just me and him), so I holed myself into the loot rooms which are connected (at the barracks). When he came in, he didn't see me...it was the perfect ambush. I crushed him in the corner, trapped the ruby, and waited.

Now, I didn't think he had a chance. Little did I realize, however, that he KOed all my AI while I sat there. Then he came in, and instead of getting the ruby, he KOed me as well, and won.

My opinion of what he did is that it was PERFECT strategy. I know others would say it was just lame. Sure, who couldn't take out the AI and have a decent chance at me in those dark rooms, especially using equipment. But that doesn't detract from the fact that instead of dying trying to get the gem, that he won.

And this essay is over.
                  Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                  www.usyetzer.com

Comment

*meh*

Comment

please remember my topic, go, visit my page, sign guestbook and register at forum

just for the protocol:

i never have a rule NOT to DM. what i have is NOT to do GUARDHUNTING. the borderline is also not easy to clear. i will try:

see if ur in gerome or breakout, we all know the guards will grab all AIs and put them to the important objectives. there could be neccessary to ko guards, to decimice them to get a chance to come in. in the opposite i have a rule NOT to put more than 5 objectives to stack a thiefsobjective.
                      also there could be other ways to get that, like crack in the round of AIs and go thru then or flash.
                      i cannot expect from all to handle cracks or flash, so i had the idea to limit objectstacking on one side and forbid guardhunting the other side.

Guardhunting means to kill or ko all the guards by ignoring the objectives. that is definalty NOT the character of the game. no rules without an exception: if u thiefs are low and the guards are too much u cannot win by objective, u would not have another chance than to ko.

kill or ko is never forbidden, i dont run ghostserver. i only ask u NOT to kill or ko by ignoring ur thief objectives.
                      A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                      Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Thats reasonable and understandable Brody. And thanks muchly for running a thief server. We appreciate all of them we can get.
                        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

OMG! I said somethiong about DMing so I automatically hate them and don't DM!! OMFG!!

Please, I've always been one of the bigger Dmers and one of the ones who have always spoken FOR DMing, so please, don't even think of accusing me about it. All I was saying is that it seems lately there hasn't been much ghosting like I use to see, or even not the ghosting, but actually winning by objective. I've hardly seen that recently. I have no problem winning by DM, but I think it does get a bit old. Going for the objective every now and then can actually be *gasp* fun! Or difficult even...

Like I said, I'm not against DMing, I am a DMer myself, I just said I noticed that most everyone seems to be DMing recently. And no, I don't have to worry about DMers. Ask Megadude, He tried to DM 3 of us guards under the house on Grange (the dark part of the sewers) and cracked us all and tried to arrow DM us with another guard. I was, however, able to kill them both cracked and in the dark. So yeah, I don't have too much of a problem with stopping Dmers, because I know all the tricks.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

So like ahh, if we don't DM on this DM server, we'll like be band and all?

Comment

DMing pwns ghosting. kthx bye.

:wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X