Thief III Announcement from GameSpy Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief III Announcement from GameSpy Newsletter

I copied the following from my GameSpy Newsletter. I have no idea if this is true.

Thief III Gets Named? - Prophet
    According to a product page description on EBGames.com's web site, the next game in the Thief series will supposedly be called Thief: Deadly Shows. Eidos has not confirmed the new as the "official name," but has always maintained that the name Thief III was a working title. We'll see.
    You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Yeah on TTLG there is a whole big hoopla thread about it, flaming, smilies, bashing, trashing, applause, thunder, you name it.

My advice, until I have the hot game in my hands, I won't believe anything. This has gone on for too long now, rumors, and speculation have flown about for so long now, its pathetic really.
    See it in my hands, whatever the title, and whatever, then I will believe it.

Comment

Regardless of what its called... I'm still gonna get it... even... even if it was called..

Thief III - SUCKS!

really.
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

I too, am very anxious for this game. I'm just afraid its requirements to run will be more than my old computer can give. :|
        Team ORJ

Comment

True dat, Fixer.

Be forewarned. Thief III will pwn your computer! Upgrade now so you can play the first day it comes out! 3GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 128MB video card. You should be set.
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
            Thief III - SUCKS!
            Well, it will if they give it the Deus Ex 2 treatment (i.e. let's dumb this down for a console and then make it the exact same for a PC)

Comment

Yeah, there is a chance they'll fuck up Thief III, in which we can simply :swordthi: :swordthi: the hell out of them... But I give the developers the benefit of the doubt... Lets just hope that Thief III does pawn. But I mean hey, As soon as it hits the shelves, I'll have my copy, so they'll get there money anyways...
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

I'm going to wait, and watch. Deus Ex: Invisible War did NOT get my hopes up.

Comment

My Prophecy: Thief III WILL suck.

Sorry. I just have this feeling.

As much as I want it to be good...There's been too much excitement and hype for it to live up to expectations. Its pretty much the law of gaming.

(You've heard of reverse phsych? Reverse jynx here. Please don't flame me. But don't say I didn't warn you when it actually does suck.)
                  Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                  www.usyetzer.com

Comment

It WILL suck if you get unusually high hopes about the game, most probably. The same thing happened with warcraft III. I was expecting so much that the game ended up sucking very hard.
                    JM

Comment

My point exactly Lurox. Just think to yourself "Thief III is gonna suck total ass," and it will be the best game evar.
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                        True dat, Fixer.

Be forewarned. Thief III will pwn your computer! Upgrade now so you can play the first day it comes out! 3GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 128MB video card. You should be set.
                        shit! i better upgrade my 2.8 Ghz to a 3 right away!
                        "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

WTF?! The X-BOX version is released first and on my B day?!

I demand a switch of dates. It was enough having to wait for HALO already. Get the PC version out 1st!
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

Night-Blade rulez not Thief III!!!
                            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                              Night-Blade rulez not Thief III!!!
                              Yeah, well at least we don't develope NightBlade for a console, and then porting it to PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X