X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief III: 3rd Person View

Taken from a Gamespot article:

'One facet of the game, still in development at Ion Storm, was news today. The game will support what publisher Eidos is calling a "third-person cinematic action view." This new perspective will be in addition to the series' traditional first-person view, which was first created by long-defunct developer Looking Glass Studios.'

The 3rd person view sounds optional, that's good.

They also confirmed the title 'Thief: Deadly Shadows'

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/th...s_6086854.html for the article, it has some nice new screenshots...
    There is no life, there is only WoW

I don't know why you'd want to play it in 3rd person, but whatever. Those new screenshots look great!
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
      I don't know why you'd want to play it in 3rd person, but whatever. Those new screenshots look great!
      What do you call the view in MGS? That was like hybrid top down/3rd person. Best. View. Ever. IMHO. showed more map, made gave more sight, realistic or not. Just wish Snake could jump!
      http://publictut.webhop.net/
      Community Server for ALL to use for
      hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
      and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil
        Originally posted by NeoPendragon
        What do you call the view in MGS? That was like hybrid top down/3rd person. Best. View. Ever. IMHO. showed more map, made gave more sight, realistic or not. Just wish Snake could jump!
        have u ever tried playing TUT in 3rd person? it's not that easy frobbing objects and putting things in the right place...not to mention blackjacking
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by DarkProject
          have u ever tried playing TUT in 3rd person? it's not that easy frobbing objects and putting things in the right place...not to mention blackjacking
          was that the question i asked? I just wondered the view, i know bjing wouldn't be too easy in third person that we have now. probly not even in the MGS style view. i just wanted to know what that view is called.
          http://publictut.webhop.net/
          Community Server for ALL to use for
          hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
          and more!

Comment

I'm honestly starting to get bad feelings about T3... especially the part about it coming out on X-Box, because putting almost any game on a console screws it up...

At least it'll look good from what I can tell...

Oh yeah, and 3rd person, IMO, will dumb down the game because, as we all know, it's hard as hell to KO or frob in 3rd person and will only promote a more confrontational type game (DM)...
            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

Those third person shots just have an awesome feel to them...

I mean, look at them. In two of those pics Garrett is at the side of the screen. What's that all about?
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

looks like a medievel Splinter Cell :|
                -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -YT

Comment

Thief 4: Assassin.

Forget thieving, by the time T4 comes out, if it comes out, it'll prolly be mostly about killing or KOing than thieving itself...
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Hmm the models still dont look good. But gameplay is much more important. What engine is it btw?
                    Deftones

Comment

I have a bad habit of switching to 3rd person in TUT while thieving.It takes a bit to get used to,but you can BJ and frob stuff(at least doors ) pretty easy.Besides,in third person,you can get a better view of the area,and check out how awesome you look.

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                      Those third person shots just have an awesome feel to them...

I mean, look at them. In two of those pics Garrett is at the side of the screen. What's that all about?
                      It's Cinematic Action View(TM)!You can probably do more with it than just swivel around you.

Comment

How do I get 3rd person view in TUT? sorry I am stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                          Hmm the models still dont look good. But gameplay is much more important. What engine is it btw?
                          Duh... its the Unreal 2 engine.
                          The issue of the 3rd person view has been out right from the start. It WAS at the time the priamry option but they changed their minds.

BTW, and for anyone who cares. NVIDIA killed the Dark Engine on their last driver. Maybe we should go back to reverse programing liek they did with Doom.
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Ekolon
                            How do I get 3rd person view in TUT?

F6 I believe...one of those, I haven't played in awhile. ops:

Comment

try f5 :lol: ghey fox come play again we miss you.
                              I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Working...
                              X