BlackCat Community Hosting Server: Available for ALL MEMBERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackCat Community Hosting Server: Available for ALL MEMBERS

I have taken the liberty of making a public hosting server for all BlackCat Community Members. This hosting server is available for all community members to upload and host any:

*Images
    *User Made Maps
    *Http Server Redirects for UZ files
    *and other game related media and files.

This is a full featured server with PHP, Apache, and a MySQL database that may be used at a later date. Also included on this site is:

*File Uploading System
    *IRC Java Applet
    *Support Contact form
    *And more information about BlackCat Games.

Check it out here and feel free to begin uploading!:

http://publictut.webhop.net/

Enjoy!

[EditbyBA] Done with Sticky, has run for a week, thanks.[/donewithEdit]
    I like it, Definitely a nice thing to have, Thank you!
    0%
    I'm indifferent on the idea of public webhosting
    0%
    Its Crap! Get rid of it now!
    0%
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

Thats really kind, Thank you.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Nice for people that use it, but I have my own hosting. Thanks though
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Now that I see your site, I'm kind of glad you stole my idea. You're a lot better at webdesign than me.

I won't really need the site, since I have 3 FTP's of my own, one T1 with no file restrictions, but nice for everyone else.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Is there an account nessesarry for it?
          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

I'd recommend passwording it or something with the password posted here. Otherwise you might end up paying for bandwidth.
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Yes I was thinking about putting a public password on it for us only, and was PMing the moderator to see if it could be made sticky so that it would be easy to find.
              and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Fossil
                Yes I was thinking about putting a public password on it for us only, and was PMing the moderator to see if it could be made sticky so that it would be easy to find.
                That'll be abused by people. Others deleting stuff from it, uploading crap, etc
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I've currently limited only myself to being able to delete files. There needs to be some sort of moderation to prevent ragers. There is a nice admin panel with the file uploader that allows remoted deletion. Also uploaded files can be examined for validity, but as long as they are black cat members, I dont really mind what goes in. And if the server gets full, there can be community discussions about what stays and goes.
                  and more!

Comment

I think it's a good idea, but without user accounts people will probably abuse it.

Comment

Argh! I had my (new shiny) Avatar uploaded on your page, but now it demands a password or something everytime when one of my posts gets viewed. Removed my (shiny new) Avatar because of this :cry:

EDIT : Oh alrighty, Problem solved nevermind. And i got my (shiny new) Avatar back
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

~ATTENTION~
                        I've edited the site to have public thievery password only
                        Unfortunately, the free redirect service doesn't work with the passworded server
                        and its asked for password to view files too.

So i removed the password right now until i code a php file login instead of site login.
                        At some point, I may make a registration form for user accounts, especially if things get out of hand. For now feel free to use the site with the public account

This should fix your problem schleicher, sorry about that!
                        and more!

Comment

Hey thanks Fossil, that is really kind of you to do that. I'll make use of it as soon as I can.
                          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I think the low bandwidth cap will make this an annoyance, but we'll see.
                            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                              I think the low bandwidth cap will make this an annoyance, but we'll see.
                              Im going to contact support about that today to see what the speed really is. As long as we're close to the 400Mbit range, we should be A-OK.

So far, it seems extremely decent compared so some other hosts that people are using.
                              and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X