"Mydoom"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mydoom"

I just saw in the news that there is a new virus!!!
    So guys be carefull...

I think this will may help you!
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Always be carefull...

~m2

Comment

It's just some stupid mail worm. It doesn't even do much damage, just slows down performance because it performs DOS attacks on some website (which ain't working too well, since the website seems to be perfectly fine to me ).

I wish they'd stop making such a big deal about these stupid viruses, and concentrate on the ones that actually damage your computer. Most people that get viruses through emails deserve them anyways for not preventing it.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Now, imagine the hypothetical scenario that people would stop opening suspicious attachments...

No, wait, that's not even a hypothetical scenario. It's a counterfactual one.

Comment

i never even get attachments... but how can people be so blind as to get the frigging worm things?
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
            i never even get attachments... but how can people be so blind as to get the frigging worm things?
            People aren't blind, ignorant yes. People get emails with attachments all the time, attachments vary, there are so many virus's out there, that are spread via email, and people just open them up, without thinking. *BAM* too late.

Never open up attachments in an email from someone you don't know, your just asking for trouble. I myself, have gotten some emails with attachments, and I knew they were a virus, I deleted them immediately. People just need to be more aware and protect themselves. Ignorance in this case is not bliss.......

Comment

I thought i might as well google the MyDoom. Well, it Is really widespread, almost as bad os some of the first mailbugs (when Google and Dogpile wouldn't run becasue their servers were infected.) Hell, for that matter the official CIA webpage was down for adding protection for awhile.

You can also download a quarantined one for analysis...somewhere... like the 8th page if ya google.

Yes, folks, teh Intarweb is going ter be slow for awhile....
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

The reason a LOT of people using Outlook get infected is because all it takes is one person to be gullible and open an attachment. After that, his address book is opened and the virus sprays a copy to all his mates who think "hey, Jimbo sent me this and that" and they open it up too and infect themselves.

So realistically, you can't even trust emails from people you know (and for the sake of security NEVER open an attachment of type .vbs/exe/scr, no matter who you get it from.)
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

You beat me to it Shug. Except for the address book part. While that's true, MyDoom searches that and a bunch of other specified files for anything resembling an e-mail address. Some even search your whole computer for viruses.

NEVER open a .vbs attachment. Microsoft is freaking retarded for creating such a file format that allows the modification of all the system files while not even in adminstator.
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                  X