Whatever happened to Frantic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to Frantic?

It was ages ago when that whole thing happened. Despite his "frowned upon" playstyle, he was an excellent player and a cool guy. Just wondering if he's still banned. No, I haven't talked to him, so this is all probably moot. Just idle conversation.

Don't flame, please.
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

And a cheating fucktard..... Anything else you want to know?

Comment

He was found cheating, so he was banned. That's all there is to it. Some sday he didn't cheat, and several people tried to get him back into the community.

This has brought up problems before, this exact discussion, so I hope either this thread gets closed quickly or it stays clean, because I know a lot of people here have very different opinions...
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

Sorry, but you if he cheated once... he'll do it again. So yeah, he's still banned.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
          Sorry, but you if he cheated once... he'll do it again. So yeah, he's still banned.
          i'll never do it again ops:
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well I dont think he cheated (Brody does so ,too) but he is banned on Brody`s cause the whole community would argue again if he would come back and there would be much trouble, so we speak to him and he said its ok, he understands that.
            Deftones

Comment

Until someone actually explains what he was banned for, I'm still going to regard the whole issue as a "He was too good to be true so we banned him" case. He may have been cheating, he may not. Unlike with Kewlazme and Nemesis, there was no evidence whatsoever.

Another fact was that Frantic and I were pretty good buddies and his English was horrific, and he practically begged me to explain to everyone that he really wasn't cheating because he couldn't do it himself (he was 13). Now call me naive, but I wouldn't use a buddy as a tool to get my self unbanned if I were guilty. Plus Frantic was a cool kid and it was totally against his nature.

I do have to add though that he was caught on using the wall-leaning bug exploit during a CTG training session. Noone really knew about it then, but CTG opened up with a huge 'article' on it, and fortunately the bug was fixed shortly after. Frantic was kicked out of CTG for it and threatened to be banned if he would continue using it. Shortly after that he was banned for something obscure (radarhack?) and 12 or some people each said that it was true, allthough a few of them retracted their statement afterwards. Also, it should be noted that the guy who was mainly responsible and started the whole thing was Mad_Gerbil, who was a cool guy, but a terrible loser (Nothing personal MB, we love you! ), and even I myself had to admit that Frantic's skill was of such a degree that once he joined a server, the side which had him playing had practically allready won, which got annoying often in a "NO FUCKING WAY THAT HAPPENED" manner. I've smashed many a mouse by getting my ass handed to my by Frantic, heh. We used to make a deadly team. 8)

Anyway, I haven't spoken to him in a good 6 months, so I won't count on it to see him back for night blade or whatever. I expect this thread to be deleted or closed as soon as BA signs on. Were going into the forbidden subject of Thievery X-Files here.

Comment

I have been signed on for hours now. So far this discussion is just that. A discussion, so what. This is old news, and beating a dead horse. Any flames, then yes, it will be closed. What is the point anyway, this isn't going to bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                  What is the point anyway, this isn't going to bring him back.

Buho had a question.
                  Deftones

Comment

As far as I can tell, noone here has actually answered Buho's question, which is basically a "where is he now?" question.

I'm guessing he's still banned...even though he had made a brief comeback for a while under a different alias.
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                      I have been signed on for hours now. So far this discussion is just that. A discussion, so what. This is old news, and beating a dead horse. Any flames, then yes, it will be closed. What is the point anyway, this isn't going to bring him back.
                      I dont think anyone here wants him to get back. The only gripe I have is that someone got banned for a really obscure reason, while other people like Kam or Nemesis needed a few dozen vid's to be banned (for a second or even third time, while frantic got instant banned till... forever... ).

Anyway, it would be nice to know what exactly he was banned for back then, and what evidence they had for it. At that moment I remember it not being posted because it was confidential or something (lack of a better word).

This is just one of those annoying mysteries. Like reading a detective story and then losing the book when you're at the final chapter. I don't think it'll ever be cleared up, especially since LR seemed to have stopped posting here, and he was the one that did the whole investigation together with Grank.

Most of the people who flame or bash in this thread probably never really played with him as well. He practically tought me how to play thievery, so I knew alot of his dirty little tricks (we invented most of the alternative routes you guys use in Thievery ). We probably spent more time on figuring out how things worked than actually playing against other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                        As far as I can tell, noone here has actually answered Buho's question, which is basically a "where is he now?" question.

I'm guessing he's still banned...even though he had made a brief comeback for a while under a different alias.
                        I think he calls himself Syncro these days. At least that's his MSN nickname. And last time I checked he mainly played UT2K3.

If you want to talk to him, I could pass you his MSN adress.

Comment

He is still banned as far as anyone knows. He may be playing on a private server somewhere. Who knows, I don't really care. I really don't see a reason to rehash all this again.
                          I have a bad feeling about this thread. What is done is done, that is in the past.

Comment

But you can discuss about the past and learn from it. Just don't close this thread as long as there is no flaming or spam please.

Comment

I haven't closed it so far have I. Some people do learn from their past mistakes, and straighten up, while other's do not, and continue to cause problems over and over again for the community.

And it is the admin's choice to keep him, and other's banned. I don't think they want to discuss that anymore either.

If you guys want to talk to him, go right ahead, there really is not much more to say on the subject. You know where he is now.

Comment

Working...
                              X