Play Ultima Online for free (no Shit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Ultima Online for free (no Shit)

Personally i think everyone who pays for playing MMORPG-Games (hope i got that right, ya know, means playing some sort of RPG online with lots of other jerks) is nuts. But that doesnt mean i never wanted to play one myself :grin:

Check this : http://www.silverblades.net/default.html and go to UO -> Free Shard -> Join as Member

Those guys run some sort of "Emulation", means its UO basically, but configured to run on a non-Origin Server, means you dont need to pay. And Origin cant do shit about it because they dont pirate their applications or something. It already runs about 2 years.

Only problem, there are very few people on it. I only met like 7 different persons, even during the "busy hours". May be because i did nothing else than smelting and smithing in Minoc lately, but it seems to have been kinda deserted by players, dunno if thats the chase with "normal" UO too.
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

I was playing on a free french roleplay server until yesterday, when I left cause it was too shitty.

I was probably one of the best RP'ers in that place.
    JM

Comment

cool gonna give it a try.

Comment

And here I thought the game itself turned freeware. :x
        ldhat:
        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Hmm never played that game! I still think Thievery is the best! ^.^
          I'll wait for World of Warcraft!!! w00t
          "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Lucky that i still found the UO-CD which was in the Package with Ultima 9 when i bought it years ago :grin: .

PS : Look for an apprentice Miner (although im apprentice Swordsmann/Smith too) called "Ralph the Liar" when ya come around the Minoc forge. But dont steal my ingots ya taffers!
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

That's not the only UO emulation server, there's probably a few hundred player run shards out there.

If you just go to google there's several top hundred lists.

http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/

Comment

Hey, Cool I think I'll try that out. "Ralph the Liar" huh?, So is it like a MUD or is where you can see scenery and your character something like that?
                "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

I waited a long time for e free mmorpg (excludes Tibia)
                  Now i can play good things for free

.. but i think that tut is the best
                  Long lieve Thievery :swordthi:
                  My english isnt the best!

Comment

Lol, the first-ranked in that list is a russian server running and old cracked Version. Never trust online ranking pages. Ill check the second-ranked, but if thats shit too ill stick to the Silverblades...maybe we could make an UO-TUT Guild when enough ppl from Thievery join ^^
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

That sounds awsome, I'd love to play Ultima Online (especially for free) :twisted:
                      I played Asheron's Call for a year before I moved on. That was an awsome game. The worst thing about MMORPG's is the monthly fee.
                      Only problem is that I can't seem to find anyone selling UO in New Zealand, even second hand...
                      There is no life, there is only WoW

Comment

To my knowledge, the "Abyss" shard is one of the most (if not the most) densely populated player-made UO shards. However, I think that's because the player base consists of both, largely, Russians and Americans.

The last time I was there, the two groups were arguing a lot...which actually made the game more exciting, especially when your roleplaying! Worth looking into if your a UO fan anyway;

http://www.theabyss.ru/eng/news.html (Currently 387 players online).

Comment

I only met russians - kinda hard to communicate. And it runs a very old version, 1.xxx somewhat i believe. I just didnt like it, cant help - many players dont necessarily mean a good gaming experience. Moved to the second one, Archeronne.

But my stats did raise waaay slower than on the Silverblades, maybe there was some Skillboost thingie installed . To be honest i think i wont play anymore. UO has great game mecanics (that carpentering or tailoring stuff for example, really cool), and the stuff that can happen is also cool (like some prick grabbing ingots worth 200 i had laying around on the floor, coming back and trying to prank me with that. I had 150.000 on the bank so i was rather unimpressed and so he dusted off calling me a fool ^_^) but i simply lack the dedication (and time) which is necessary to build up a decent character. Uh hell i saw some guys which played for years, had superduper characters with superduper equipment but where obviously so bored they ran around and pked newbie miners. Way to spend your time
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

This... game... sucks...

Give me Ultima 8 anyday instead of this.

Comment

Argh! Ultima 8.... So bad. "I'm the avatar, the living vessel of virtue. Watch as trick and murder my way out of this world." ¬¬

It's the Ultima where you are forced to play evil.
                              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                              X