Newbie looking for a new clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking for a new clan

I'm over from TTLG since I have broadband at last. I've DLed Thievery v1.4 and the UT patch. UT itself is onit's way in the post. I reckon I'll be playing in less than a week.

I'll be reading all the FAQ etc.

I've been a member of the virtual clan Larcenio Haul for ages and I want to start the clan in Thievery (and Nightblade eventually). So I'm looking for players who only play Thief on expert, in other words Ghosters/non-violent types. This may not lend itself to Thievery but I want to try anyway.

There are tons of people who try that, and in several guilds it just depends on which one you'd prefer, honestly. As you play more you'll probably be able to choose whichever guild you want. I suggest you go the Thievery Guilds forum and take a look around.

BTW do you happen to know Radamanthos?
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

www.tears-of-blood.com
      or/and http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=49
      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Awesome! Best of luck with your guild... hopefully they'll be some real competition around here... JOKE guys joke... :grin:

>ducks and runs for cover<
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe
          BTW do you happen to know Radamanthus?

Someone call?
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Its cool to play without a clan
            w8 tilla clan wants U
            My english isnt the best!

Comment

Jeah, joining a clan right off the bat will be difficult, and it won't really be anything special anyway. If there is a match, which is very rare these days, they will most likely take the best three or four players for it.

Just play with the rest and learn everything first. It's a tricksy little game.

Comment

Mr.K from Larcenio plays sometimes, but he's not been around for some time...
                JM

Comment

Originally posted by Subjective Effect
                  I'm looking for players who only play Thief on expert, in other words Ghosters/non-violent types. This may not lend itself to Thievery but I want to try anyway.
                  You want my advice? Play for a month or so WITHOUT joining a guild, and learn the lay of the land, the ways of the game, ect. Then apply to a join a guild instead of trying to create your own...because you'll probably end up in a group with much more skilled and knowledgeable players, not to mention more fun.

You're in luck, because the ghosting playstyle DOES lend itself to Thievery! It has basically morphed from Thief ghosting into a sort of non-violent, ghostly thief. The rules that ghosters in this community follow are:

Do not kill or KO.
                  Try not to be seen.
                  Try not to be heard.
                  Try not to leave any traces.

The last three rules are all "try" not to, because against human opponents, anything is possible. They are random, and you can't never be seen. Definetely try out ghosting when you get Thievery, it is the most thrilling playstyle in my opinion, and it is also damn effective once you get good at it.

If you wait to join a guild, you may even find yourself in a guild with veteran ghosters...or the all ghosting guild TSG.

Good luck, mate, and I hope to see you in Thievery. And by the way...I'm a ghoster too, and I'd be more than happy to show the tricks of the trade to a new aspiring ghoster.

Comment

Hey Dragon, if you give me some tips for ghosting, I'd be much obliged. :wink:

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                    Someone call?
                    Well you did say you were giving TUT to some of your friends, I was wondering if subjective effect was one of them.
                    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Dragon - Ride again on the longwinded posts...
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                        Do not kill or KO.
                        But isn't koing in some situations nessesarry?
                        I think if something is well camped, its near to impossible to make it without koing or maybe killing or?
                        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Wolfe

Well you did say you were giving TUT to some of your friends, I was wondering if subjective effect was one of them.
                          Oh, uh.. he's waiting for Cliff to give him UT.

*calls Cliffyboy
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                            Originally posted by The Dragon
                            Do not kill or KO.
                            But isn't koing in some situations nessesarry?
                            I think if something is well camped, its near to impossible to make it without koing or maybe killing or?
                            This is ghosting we're talking about, Sandman, not wannabe ghosting. If you KO or kill a guard, no matter what the circumstances or why you did it, you did NOT ghost that game. There have been times I've been doorblocked and haven't been able to escape, and therefore, I die. That's okay with me, I made the choice to be a ghoster, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've tried the other playstyles, and they just don't work for me, I don't enjoy them.

Oh, and FixXxer: :wink:

Comment

If you have the right tools there are ways in and out of any situation as a ghoster. Including doorblocking.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X