UNBELIEVABLE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNBELIEVABLE!

I just wanted to tell everyone, NEXT WEEK I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER!!! i couldnt buy the mega computer that i wanted, but i got a brand new one pretty cheap!!

MSI Motherboard
    AMD 2.5 GHz
    256 MB DDR RAM
    GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    80 Gigabytes HDD

and as soon as i get this computer, the first thing i'm gonna do is to INSTALL thievery and start playing. I've wanted to play thievery so bad lately, and i hope i wont get dissapointed when i connect to the servers! in other words, i really hope there are ppl still playing as before! if not, start playing!
    otherwise some other ppl maybe intressted in 2on2's vs me and Terryn? we'll ALWAYS play! so cya everyone........SOON!

:grin:
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Yay Louie! Great news!
    You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Comment

Geforce fx 5200?..... ^

You might want to spend just a little more on the gfx card and get a mid range one, instead of low end.....

Comment

I'm just a skill 4 computer expert, not a master or grandmaster (planning on putting some points into it when I level up), but isn't that a bottleneck alert on the RAM there? Dance Dance Revolution RAM is great and all, but...256?

Hope you don't plan on running anything BUT Thievery\UT

Comment

I think you're just joking Salsa...but there isn't a game out there that my comp (866Mhz PIII, 256RAM, 64 MX 440 vid card) can't run. Granted, I have to turn the graphics down quite a bit on some, but his comp is GREAT until he can upgrade some more.
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
            I think you're just joking Salsa...but there isn't a game out there that my comp (866Mhz PIII, 256RAM, 64 MX 440 vid card) can't run. Granted, I have to turn the graphics down quite a bit on some, but his comp is GREAT until he can upgrade some more.
            It's great... but it's bottlenecking itself.
            If you were to get a new gfx card in your comp it would hardly matter if it was a geforce fx 5200, or a spiffy Radeon 9800xt.... Your cpu would be the limit.

On his system, it would mean a lot.

Comment

I would suggest at least 512 mb ram. It really makes a difference.

Comment

i would love 512 ram, but honestly, i dont have the money...and that goes for the switch of gf-fx 5200 to radeon9600pro to...i will do just fine with this computer..
                my old computer that broke down that i've played q3 on all these years, AND thievery was:

Pentium3 933 MHz
                128 MB SD-RAM
                40 Gigabytes HDD
                Voodoo3

i did just fine with thievery on that computer, i THINK i will do even better with my new one when i get a work, i will get my mega computer, this is how it will look:

ASUS P4 p800 Motherboard, Chipset: i865
                P4 3.1 GHz
                Seagate s-ata disc, 120 Gigabytes
                Radeon 9600 Pro
                TwinMOS 512 MB pc3200 DDR RAM (dual shock)

and by the way, plenty ppl still play thievery or what?
                .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                  I think you're just joking Salsa
                  I wasn't "joking," but perhaps I was speaking uninformed. I've still got the wussy kind of RAM, albeit 512, and most things run great except Savage can dip down occasionally, and Planetside runs like total crap.

Athlon 2400+ (2 Ghz)
                  Geforce 4 Ti 4200

My neck! It's got a bottle around it!

Comment

Originally posted by LoUie
                    ASUS P4 p800 Motherboard, Chipset: i865
                    Get something with the 875 chipset instead, it performs better. That is if you don't want to go with AMD for the new one, with a nice nForce 2(or 3) chipset and SoundStorm sound.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by LoUie
                      i dont have the money...and that goes for the switch of gf-fx 5200 to radeon9600pro to
                      This video card is not bad! You can tune it to a 9800... With software and hardware!
                      Thats not a bad chose! w00t
                      "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Yeah fuck all that you want an uber computer with X amount of RAM and the bestust GFX kard u can get! the MF-GEEPHORCE-8-FX-ULTRA-PRO....

Thats all he can afford guys, it might not be the best in the world but he's doing his best, good on ya lulu. Lets not all piss on his bonfire can't you tell he's rather happy about all this?
                        ~TuF~

Comment

...I'd personally go for a 200 GB hard drive.

...And an AMD 3.5 ghz, it actually won't be obsolete for another few years

...And instead of buying Dance Dance Revolution RAM, I'd just buy the darn DDR machine itself.

...And I'd get a video card that supports these VR headsets that I've stockpiled.

...But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                            ...I'd personally go for a 200 GB hard drive.
                            I've got 200... but I have only got 1.8 GHZ :?
                            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

i dont need a big harddrive i have 89gb and thats enough for my games(bf,tut, ut2003)
                              Maybe u can play better cult as me
                              My english isnt the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X