Video Screen Capture Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Screen Capture Program?

Does any know of a good screen capture program that will make a video of whatever's on screen? I need to give a presentation about a video game during my computer game graphics class, and I'm of course going to do Thief/Thief 2, but I want to record myself playing one of them and then play it back during my presentation. Any suggestions?
    me videre non potes, occultatione gero....
    [You can't see me, I'm wearing camouflage....]
    -CaligoIpsa

Fraps works pretty well.

http://www.fraps.com/
    http://www.fraps.com/downloads.htm
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Hmm, I need one too to capture a still frame from a movie (MPEG, AVI) when I try to do a screen capture I get a blank section where the picture should be...
      ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
        Hmm, I need one too to capture a still frame from a movie (MPEG, AVI) when I try to do a screen capture I get a blank section where the picture should be...
        Try and play the video while viewing the picture...

Anyways, some video players can capture screens. PowerDvd is very good for it. (It can play normal medie files)

Comment

That's your video-cards built in macrovision-type thing. I don't know the version, but after a particular release of nvidia drivers suddenly any video I put on my tv (from the tv-out of the computer, obviously) was just black, but was there on the monitor (in dual-screen mode). Very odd.
          Anyway, there's a macrovision-removing piece of software called tv-tool
          (http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm) that should solve your problem- the shareware version only works for 15 minutes of video, but that should be enough if you're just capturing screens.

Comment

Excellent, I'll give that a try tonight. TY.
            ~TuF~

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!
              I searched a proggy too
              THX
              My english isnt the best!

Comment

can they record with sound? and how is the quality of the videos?
                "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

For screen captures, it's actually ususally enough to turn the hardware rendering setting down to the minimum in whatever application you are using. Not always (doesn't seem to work in PowerDVD), but certainly works in Windows Media Player. The latest version of WMP can play dvds anyway, so...
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

There is also a low tech solution (which may not apply in this case). If your video card has an AV or S-video out (most card these days do), hook it up to a VCR.
                    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

when I try to do a screen capture I get a blank section where the picture should be...
                      Believe it or not, I actually learned Something Useful from the Something Awful forums (which I wouldn't pay for in a million years, but you can browse some of the threads in a limited fashion for free). You can do the standard Print Screen, paste onto your favorite image editor, IF you turn off hardware acceleration for the video.

In say, Media Player, that's Tools, Options, Performance tab, and then video acceleration to off. It really works.

Of course, these other fine mortals have given suggestions. Do as you see fit.

Comment

WOOT it works salsa!
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                        X