All this is missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this is missing...

Is all the involved being sent to concentration camps. Then we would have a good nazi state.

Police say they got “12 hits” - 12 places where the dog picked up the scent of narcotics. But despite all the planning and all the manpower, the raid was a total bust: no drugs, no weapons, not even a single cigarette.
    “My mommy sends me to school everyday thinking that I’m safe and I’m getting a good education,” adds Kayla. “The last thing going through her mind is, ‘My daughter is sitting in the main hallway with a gun pointing at her.’”
    "I thought it was a terrorist attack or something," says another student, Le'Quon. "Or somebody had a gun in the school."

"And what do you think of mister Hilter?"
    "I sure don't like the sound of these bonsentration bumps!"
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

What's the big deal? I can see if they're being roughed up, but I don't see why they're crying that they've seen down the barrel of a police gun.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

In south carolina, it's a big deal when poliece officers point a loaded magnum at an innocent person's head and threaten to shoot. Then bring an untrained attack dog into the whole mess.

Of course, when the principal's named McCrackin...
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          What's the big deal? I can see if they're being roughed up, but I don't see why they're crying that they've seen down the barrel of a police gun.
          Tell you what. We'll send a squad of a dozen or so pistol and submachinegun armed police commandos to YOUR school, have them jump out of closets and from around corners, weapons drawn and aimed at you, yell to put your hands on your head in angry tones of voice, and keep their weapon trained on you as you lower yourself to a face-down position on the floor, threaten to shot you if you so much as move, then tie your hands behind your back with plastic zipstrips, when you haven't even been implicated in drug use/dealing, and see you YOU feel about it then, 'K?

Comment

reminds me of all those bomb scares last year.

How many days did the high school get out for them, Dragon? A dozen if my memory serves me correctly...
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

No drugs or weapons...reminds me of Iraq! LOL LOL

Comment

Noone ever said they didn't find drugs in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Tell you what. We'll send a squad of a dozen or so pistol and submachinegun armed police commandos to YOUR school, have them jump out of closets and from around corners, weapons drawn and aimed at you, yell to put your hands on your head in angry tones of voice, and keep their weapon trained on you as you lower yourself to a face-down position on the floor, threaten to shot you if you so much as move, then tie your hands behind your back with plastic zipstrips, when you haven't even been implicated in drug use/dealing, and see you YOU feel about it then, 'K?
                  Sweeeeeeet.

Seriously though, I didn't know it went that far. I thought they just got them to line up while they checked it out.

Comment

It did go that far. If it was a standard: "Allright, we're here to check for drugs, line up while the dog sniffs you down", nobody would care.

The stunts the police pulled, (Without a warrant, because of a request of a principal) is another story.

Comment

Besides the fact that this story is over three months old, Who should be held responsible, the cops for doing their job or the over reacting principal ?

I can only imagine the wild story the principal told the cops to garner such a reaction as this sort of thing is highly unusual.

Imagine if there truly were a threat and the cops came in half assed and innocent students were cought in the crossfire between the cops and drug dealers.

Colombine anyone ??
                      Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Originally posted by TED NUGENT
                        Besides the fact that this story is over three months old, Who should be held responsible, the cops for doing their job or the over reacting principal ?

I can only imagine the wild story the principal told the cops to garner such a reaction as this sort of thing is highly unusual.

Imagine if there truly were a threat and the cops came in half assed and innocent students were cought in the crossfire between the cops and drug dealers.

Colombine anyone ??
                        Both should be responsible.

"Doing my job" is not an excuse. What if you were a cop, and you were told to open fire on the students. And the penalty for refusing would at most be losing your job.

Additionally, IF there was a "threat", if there were drug dealers, if there was resistance, I could see why the police might act that way. However, in this case, it was ridicilously unjustified. This would be like performing a strip search of everyone on a street, just because some loonie said that ONE of those people might have drugs.

Now, also, think of it this way:

Would you want your 14 year old child going to school, and having to face "police" officers forcing them on the ground, with guns to their heads, and telling them that if they move, they will be shot?

Whenever you give police the right to use such kind of force, and not be held accountable for it, you take one step towards becoming a police state. I don't think I need to bring up any examples of those.

Comment

Dude, you people can't imagine how many times I've been told to get out of my car with guns drawn or with hands on the butt of the gun and have been literally almost completely stripsearched (socks and shoes off, hat off, all pockets turned out, and felt-up like a $2 ho...) and have my car searched thouroughly too just because I was sitting on the side of the road on my cell phone or in a gas station on the phone. I mean come one, I'm in broad light, I don't think I'm gonna make a deal... I've never been arrested or caught with anything, simply b/c I never have anything on or around me unless I'm at a friend's place, and even then, nothing is ever on me. I don't ever make deals and I'm never around when they happen, it's just the way I am. A cop can completely search you and hold you for hours if they want while a drug sniffing dog "get transported here," making you late for work and you can't call in b/c the police officer is an ass....

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. I have no priors or history of any kind, and have no ties to dealers or anything like that, and my name isn't anywhere on any records... So yeah, shit like this happens all the time.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

Swiss, do you realize how paranoid you sound ? :roll:
                            Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Cur's story kind of brings up that Simpsons episode with Burns and the trillion dollar bill....

They get chased down by the cops, flee to Cuba to find freedom (well, not on purpose... "Hey, that's a nice island, with freedom written all over it!", "Uhh, that's Cuba sir."), and realize that although "the land of the free" doesn't really live up to it's name, it's about as good as it gets (besides Canada. HO YA!).

I mean, we can always discuss, share opinions, and make suggestions, but in the real world: People make mistakes, things don't work out, life ain't perfect. Just do the best you can with yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X