OMG! Your mom is a gamer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! Your mom is a gamer!

The following is quoted from my GameSpy Daily Newsletter.

Mom: Night Owl Gamer? - Prophet
    According to a survey conducted by AOL, women over 40 years old are spending the most time playing casual online games, outstripping teens and males by a large margin. The survey was conducted online with a pool of 3,613 between mid-December and mid-January. According to the survey results, U.S. women over the age of 40 spend nearly 50 percent more time each week playing online games than men and are more likely to play online games on a daily basis - more than men or teens. The survey also found that for some 20 percent of women over the age of 40 said that online relationships grew into real world relationships. The survey was conducted online with 3,613 respondents between mid-December and mid-January and conducted by Digital Marketing Services.

Woot to all the gamer women out there!
    You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Damn. Why couldn't the demographic have been "women ages 25-35"?

Comment

Because they are out in the real world looking for real men, LR.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
        Because they are out in the real world looking for real men, LR.
        I'm sure they're relieved they don't have to worry about running into the likes of you, then.

Comment

They're also all pretending to be 16 year old girls.
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
            They're also all pretending to be 16 year old girls.
            Personal experience talking aye Buho. Nice.

Comment

pffft,what they don't say is its probably just online poker or other crap like that,not real games.

Comment

Fark Ripoff

And your right, Fox, it's mostly puzzle games and browser stuff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4235270/

Comment

actually, my parents play UT2K3 and Thievery online after 9:00. Which is why i don't get any sleep.

*grumblegrumble* "How do i hide again?" "what button moves me up a ladder?" *grumble*
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

That's outrageous radamanthus lmao wow it be cool if my parents played with meh lololololol... on second thought... eh....
                    AKA: -=:Tob:=-Catburglar

---===Woe to the man who messess with the bloodwolf===---

Life is like a jar of jalepeŁŒos, what you do today can burn your ass tomorrow!

Comment

I saw this bit on Fox News a couple days ago. Didn't surprise me at all. Now you all know that I never pretended to be 16 years old and this oldie does not play puzzle games. I did help a student of mine get through a tough section in Halflife during class one time and used to be part of a UT clan at school.....got in trouble for that. So be afraid. The oldies are infiltrating.......now where did I put my bifocals....
                      formerly littlek

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Fox
                        pffft,what they don't say is its probably just online poker or other crap like that,not real games.
                        Oh really! Ahem...snort....guffaw! Methinks you have no knowledge of what you speak.
                        You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Comment

How utterly repulsive.

Comment

Originally posted by littlek
                            The oldies are infiltrating.......now where did I put my bifocals....
                            Senior Gaming League

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              Originally posted by littlek
                              The oldies are infiltrating.......now where did I put my bifocals....
                              Senior Gaming League
                              LR's the leader.
                              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X