Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skifford Championship

Well, hey all.

I just played some cool fan mission for thief 2 from the last FM contest, and I got suddenly hit by a cool idea : The skifford championship.

I (or anyone else) will make a map on which guilds will have two days to prepare a fully functional plan to complete the objectives (likely to be an object of some sort, like a tear of blood or a Joeli Cup).

Here are the rules :

- The participating guilds must each have three participants.
    - You only get one try.
    - You have two days to practice in private with your guild.

Myself and other pimps will spectate your method of working. There -will- be discrimination against total DM'ing of the level.

The guilds will be evaluated on :

- The originality of the method - By that I mean, make it the most complicated you can. If you plan on DM'ing the whole level, surrender now.

- Speed, effectiveness.

-Teamwork, coordination. - If the whole thing is a one man job, this score ain't gonna be high. But if every members are used and support each other in a great way, you'll get 5/5.

- Equipment used - If you guys end up having to use all of the equipment you spent your banked loot on, you'll see the score dropping...

- Stealth - If you get spotted by some peasants, or worse, guards, while you're doing your job, don't expect to see a high score here.

And, of course, everyone must be alive at the end.
    There will be no additional thief lives.

Questions, suggestions?
    JM

Sounds fun.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Anyone else might want to input somthing?
      JM

Comment

Sounds like its a long way off if maps are to be made for it... maybe tweak with the details whilst doing that?
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Make maps for it?.... Right.... That'll be some time... if ever.

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

*Grins at TuF tactics*

*ahem* This does sound like fun. So would it be against the AI? And about Teamwork...what if the other two members of the team contribute fully to the third guy, who ends up getting the high score? The third guy couldn't do it without them, so it's still teamwork, very effective teamwork at that. Would the team lose points for that?

Comment

can i be one of the pimps?
              This is my cool sig.

Comment

I wanna be in a guild now

sounds like fun!
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Dragon, the point of the game is to have people work as a team. Not having a one man job with two other people simply distracting or doing their own small things. Yes, there has to be one of the three members who will get in and steal the loot by himself, but I'll make the map so he will need help from the outside to cross all that whole place to get to the loot.

EXAMPLE :

Fixxxer is about to cross a guarded road, but the lights are fully lit. Now there's Dragon, who happened to steal the key to the lights control panel, who will go switch them off so his team member can pass without being noticed.

That's one example of how things could work.

And yes, it will be against AI, which are more predictable. Else you can't prepare a proper plan.

Don't worry, Fix. The map shouldn't take that long to make... well... okay, yeah, it will take some time.
                  JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox

EXAMPLE :

Fixxxer is about to cross a guarded road, but the lights are fully lit. Now there's Dragon, who happened to steal the key to the lights control panel, who will go switch them off so his team member can pass without being noticed.

That's one example of how things could work.
                    Okay, cool, that's what I was talking about. Sounds good.

Comment

Idea's :
                      • - One player must stand on the other players head, to climb up. Maybe even 3 players. The player that climbed up must frob a wooden beam that now swings a bit, making it posible for the other thieves to vine their way up. There is no way of getting on there without the help of teammates, the first time.

- In a maze of doors and switches one player must crawl and climb his way to the end. In order to continue a player above him will open doors and gates for him. The doors and gates will be automaticly closed after 30 seconds, making it imposible for the other player to do this alone. If the player reaches the end, he got behind the big gate and can now pick up the key needed to open a big gate. Since the lock is on the outside it's imposible to open the big gate from the inside. Therefor the player with the key should climb up and drop the key through a small hole, giving it to the other players who now can unlock the gate.

- There are 4 beams of wood hanging over some big, deep gab. Thieves have only 2 vines per person and they can't buy any more then those. The other player must either give the two vines to the other, or shoot the vines where they belong. The gab is too big to jump over.

Some ideas that are very interesting to do. It'll be great to have such a map. All sorts of tactics can be used. Lurox ... i'll talk to you on irc.
                      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                        • - In a maze of doors and switches one player must crawl and climb his way to the end. In order to continue a player above him will open doors and gates for him. The doors and gates will be automaticly closed after 30 seconds, making it imposible for the other player to do this alone. If the player reaches the end, he got behind the big gate and can now pick up the key needed to open a big gate. Since the lock is on the outside it's imposible to open the big gate from the inside. Therefor the player with the key should climb up and drop the key through a small hole, giving it to the other players who now can unlock the gate.
                        I'd like to add to that, one player would spawn on the side of the door with the key, and the others on the other side.

The one player would have to get the key, but on the other side, the other thieves would have to fire vines for him, so he can climb down the vine and get the key (he would'nt be able to fire the vine himself). Then the player with the key would drop the key to a hole for the other ones to open the gate.

Just adding onto it.

Comment

how about:

-2 thieves have to open to door of their firend's cell at a nearby prison, and the thief in that cell is the only one who can use/has lockpicks

-a semi-keeperesque entrance like in Return to the Cathredal, where 2 thieves must flip switches quite a bit apart to open a couple of doors that shut after 10 or so seconds and the last thief can flip a switch on the other side to keep them open

-the 3 thieves have to carry something that takes away health (like a nuclear rod fresh from the power reactor) and it has to be passed around to keep each one from dying

it seems that maybe there should be set loadouts, or maybe that would impede too much on varing the plan each entering guild has?
                          This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
                            -2 thieves have to open to door of their firend's cell at a nearby prison, and the thief in that cell is the only one who can use/has lockpicks
                            Thats pretty good, although I dont know if it can be done. Where only 1 thief can use lockpicks?
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

This sounds like...

A thieves guild dungeon/training course/maze. Whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Working...
                              X