No announcement yet.

How do you get through a small window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get through a small window?

Hi all.

I'm stuck and can't mantle through a window. In the orig. Thief game (or thief II) i'd sort of crouch and run at the same time but here that's not working. Can someone give me the commands to make it happen on thieveryut? Thanks.

Press crouch, then jump. You can do those crouch jumps a la Half-Life.
    JM

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Or, find a crate, jump on it, and walk (or crouch walk) through window is it the level that you have to sneak in a manor and "confront" some guy with some recording? I love that map Cuz if it is, 1) use the back door, or 2) grab the crate thet's leaning against a wall and use it like I discribed before you can use crates like that anywhere
        AKA: -=:Tob:=-Catburglar

---===Woe to the man who messess with the bloodwolf===---

Life is like a jar of jalepeŁŒos, what you do today can burn your ass tomorrow!

Comment

I think he means a Thievery map.

Comment

Also, you should know, some things just cannot be mantled into, such as the vents in the Inner Courtyard in Spider.

That is, without gratuitous help from crates, supply chests, whistlers, vine arrows (not always an option) or teammate's heads...

Comment

On that note, I'd like to add that guards getting in that way is a very lame tactic. Makes TH-Gerome seem like a walk in the park if they pull it off.

Comment

TURFWARS FLASHBACKS

GET DOWN MEN OH GOD GLADIUS IS DEAD
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

muhahaahaaa
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    On that note, I'd like to add that guards getting in that way is a very lame tactic. Makes TH-Gerome seem like a walk in the park if they pull it off.
                    Should read :-

On that note, I'd like to add that guards getting in that way is a very clever and strategicly benifitial tactic, requiring teamwork!. Makes TH-Gerome seem like a walk in the park if they pull it off.
                    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                      :-
                      lol is that mach's wedding tackle
                      Nightmaster,
                      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

What's the teamwork in wasting several whistlers and a chest?
                        You can ask ElJoelio about this, but I doubt those vents were created to be used as an entrance. When properly played, that map is easy to guard anyway. No need to use exploits.

And don't change my words. If there's anything I hate, it's people editing my quotes, okay?

Comment

Why are you morons discussing this in public?

Geez, wtf? You want EVERYONE to know?
                          The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Yes I would want everyone to know, because if everyone knows it, it'll be fixed (ref. wall-leaning-exploit).

Comment

What's the teamwork in wasting several whistlers and a chest?
                              Because thats not the only way. Open your mind.

The wall-lean exploit, clearly an exploit was fixed in the next patch. Spiders, a map thats been around since v1.0? (correct me if i'm wrong) has never been changed? And this idea of going in via the vents has been around since... and was invented by the RLF? again correct me if I'm wrong. I refuse to accept that giving a pal a boost over a wall, up a vent, onto a roof or whatever, on ANY map can be classed as an exploitation. It's pushing the exploration of the maps further, opening up new routes to those willing to work as a team.

And don't change my words. If there's anything I hate, it's people editing my quotes, okay?
                              I resisted the urge to change your quote, it was hard... LOL Virus, you shout at me like we're worst enemies, I apologise if I caused offence, I meant none. I presumed you would know that considering how long we've been around.

You obviously feel strongly about the Spider Vent Trick, why don't you ask Eljoelio to alter it, or for permission to fix it in time for the final 1.5 patch? If he feels as strongly as you say, he'll do it.
                              ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                              X