Christianity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity...

Thank god I'm an atheist (notice god was written with a small g).
    Too bad I'm allways sad ( ), at least according to this site!

http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

Be sure to do play the fun facts with doctor Giraffenstein! Best laugh I had this week!

However, what I'm wondering is, do these folks believe it themselves? There's such hard scientiffic evidence for things. You want me to believe a T-Rex was a herbivore, and lived together with man-kind preflood in the 10.000 years the earth existed??? And neanderthals were just really old (age) people with boney heads?
    Come on...

Eh, maybe I gave you guys the wrong idea. I have nothing against Christianity or any other religion for that matter, but I hate it when people like this abuse their religion by teaching people (even kids!) stuff that is so wrong, that... there are just no words... And the constant hammering on other religions, like the Islam, Buddhism, etc. etc. Why the hell can't they just elave us alone? I have a Muslim friend, and a Christian guy just came up to us and blatantly told my friend that Muhammed was a pedophile and a womens raper, and that unless he converted to Christianity, he was going to burn in hell...

There's just so much more ranting I could do, but I don't think it'd make any difference anyway. In my opinion Christian Extremists are alot more dangerous (at least more annoying!) than Muslim Extremists. At least those guys leave you be the way you want to.

Oh, here's a threadtopic just BEGGING for a flamefest....

Comment

I would speak but it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
      Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Comment

I'm not religious or superstisious in any way.

I just sort of look out for myself. Although I do try and do something for someone else each day.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

You know the old saying, Everyone has an opinion..........

No religion is perfect, we are all dumbass's from time to time, we are human being's, fallible, not perfect, we make mistakes, some more than others.
          Everyone has to make-up their own mind about religion, people that shove their beliefs down your throat, they are only thinking of themselves, trying to be *right*
          to save you, etc. When it is up to the person to decide what is right for themselves.
          A similiar thread was at TTLG, pages and pages long, and it solved absolutely nothing, and did nothing, everyone showing their ego's by who knew more about religion, it got ridiculous. In the end, it was a draw.

Jackass's that accuse and insult, they have the problem, don't give them the time of day.
          Enough said from me. No fire and brimstone please, or thread closed

Comment

I'd say I believe in god. I think there's that entity that watches over us, wheter you believe in it or not. Sure, I have a lot of faith in myself (some people's opinions about religion is that people that believe lack self-confidence in the first place), but sometimes, in very nervous situations, just thinking that this "entity" I was speaking about up there is watching over me, I just feel everything's gonna be alright. Even a quick prayer can ease things, hard feelings or whatever. No, I'm not going to church on each sunday, because first it would be a waste of my time, and second I have absolutely nothing to prove.
            JM

Comment

I think the question Virus is really trying to get at is, do we like ghosts?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                Why the hell can't they just elave us alone? I have a Muslim friend, and a Christian guy just came up to us and blatantly told my friend that Muhammed was a pedophile and a womens raper, and that unless he converted to Christianity, he was going to burn in hell...
                That man was not a Christian.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                  That man was not a Christian.
                  And why not? I'm sure that he is convinced that he hears the voice of God.

Comment

I know, I mean how can people live like that? Its like your controlled or something.

I live for me... everyday. No one has to to anything, seriously think about it. No one has to to anything for anyone. This is why I try and at least help someone once a day... something as simple as holding a door open for someone. You can call it manners, or you can call it nothing at all, because thats all it is... nothing, a tiny gesture in a swamp of many. I know it sounds all cliche' "do a good deed everyday" shite, but it works for me.

My dad told me something I'll never forget.

"once you get over a certain age, usually 17 or 18, no. one. gives. a. shit."

It didnt hit me, how true this was until recently. No one gives a shit.
                    -YT

Comment

"once you get over a certain age, usually 17 or 18, no. one. gives. a. shit."

You can't honestly believe that FixXxeR. IMO your father gave you some bad advice. People do care about other people...some more than others but we would never have made it as a specie if "no one gave a shit." This oldie gives a shit about you.
                      formerly littlek

Comment

Fixxxie, I have to agree with LK, people do give a damn, your father does, I do, remember your a close friend to me. I care, people do give a shit.

Comment

There are more people out there that dont, than do. I dont live by that advice, but I wont forget it.

Friends are the family we choose.
                          -YT

Comment

I agree though fix, most don't, and I don't care about them, I only care about my family and friends.

Comment

Think about it this way: if a stranger does something nice for you, you'll notice. If a stranger does something mean, you'll shrug it off. If someone close to you does something mean, you'll remeber. If they do something nice, you'll take it for granted.
                              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X