Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief series questions...

Hello, All,

Due to the rising interest in the "Thief" games again (with #3 coming soon), I have some general questions about "Thief: The Dark Project" (T1) and "Thief II: The Metal Age" (T2).

What is the main difference between T1 and T1 Gold Edition? Is the "Gold" edition that much better? (I have the original T1.)

Was there a "Gold Edition" for T2?

Can you still purchase these "Gold" edition(s) somewhere?

Thanks for your time and input.
    Team ORJ

Thief Gold has 3 extra missions in it. Thief Gold was also tweaked, sort of polished up if you will. Worth the effort to find, it is still out there. Try Ebay, or do a Google search for it.

No gold edition for T2. Just T2.

Comment

Thief: Gold was Thief: The Dark Project with three new levels and even more bugfixes.

There was a Thief 2: Gold being planned but it was never released due to LGS closing.

You can find Thief: Gold in a few places, although your best bet would be ebay.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Saw both Thieif Gold and Thief: The Metal Age as a two game set a few months back. Was $10-$20. Not sure if they still have it though.
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...386687-0966517

You can buy it there. I don't have much to say, as i never bought Thief Gold, but from what i hear, its worth it to buy.
          "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Fantastic! :grin: Thank you to all of the responses. I was thinking about reinstalling T1 or T2 to replay (again, due to all the hype for T3 - "Thief: Deadly Shadows"). I never finished T1 100% so I thought I would look for the "Gold Edition".
            Team ORJ

Comment

Thanks again for the info. I did find both "Thief Gold" and "Thief II: The Metal Age" for ~$13 at a local EB Games store. A friend was with me and when he heard the grand total, he bought both games as well.

/me is a happy gamer. 8)
              Team ORJ

Comment

Working...
              X